Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
john_nick
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Post by john_nick »

I'm considering using backline amp instead of relying on small monitor and rest through FOH PA

Anyone had any experience of the following models please?

Ultratone KXD12PA

Ultratone KXD15

K900FX

Any help appreciated.
23skidoo
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Re: Behringer Stereo Backline Amps

Post by 23skidoo »

I have a strong and vocal dislike of all Behringer products and find their build quality, sound, and levels of noise and distortion personally offensive. You can find much better quality by spending not much more, IMO. But ymmv, and you may not be concerned with anything except lowest price, so take my opinion as you will.
john_nick

Post by john_nick »

23skidoo wrote:I have a strong and vocal dislike of all Behringer products and find their build quality, sound, and levels of noise and distortion personally offensive. You can find much better quality by spending not much more, IMO. But ymmv, and you may not be concerned with anything except lowest price, so take my opinion as you will.
I appreciate you offering your opinion. The make was suggested to me but I have no knowledge of the products. My criteria is that the amp takes two separate stereo inputs, a stereo feed out to mixing desk, reasonable weight, 30lbs or thereabouts, and fairly compact. Price would be up to £400.

Regards
23skidoo

Post by 23skidoo »

I suggest you read our extensive FAQ on this subject, then! accessories-and-amplification-f8/nord-a ... 16772.html

That should give you some information necessary to ask further detailed questions, and possibly even solve your problem right off.

There are many good PA systems that are suitable as backline amps, more suitable in fact than keyboard or other dedicated-purpose amps may be. You may also want to consider getting any PA you really like and handling the keyboard mixing and FOH sends with a Radial Key Largo which has very good reviews here and can help you also make the switch to IEMs if you are considering that in the future - what you spend on the Key Largo might well be offset by what you could save by forgoing the mixer functionality on the amps/PA. But again, read the FAQ first for a lot of detail, and we've got several other posts around here (linked therein) for you to continue mining the best that we can suggest here, allowing you to focus on detailed questions after your research.

Best,
kbrkr
Patch Creator

Post by kbrkr »

23skidoo wrote:I have a strong and vocal dislike of all Behringer products and find their build quality, sound, and levels of noise and distortion personally offensive. You can find much better quality by spending not much more, IMO. But ymmv, and you may not be concerned with anything except lowest price, so take my opinion as you will.
This is such an old fashioned opinion about B products. They have come a LOOOONG way in the past 10-20 years. They have become high quality, high value, and reliable pieces of equipment.

Perhaps you can be much more specific about a single piece of equipment to substantiate your argument, rather than indict an ENTIRE company.
Last edited by kbrkr on 13 Jan 2019, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author kbrkr for the post:
Schorsch
AdamStage2

Post by AdamStage2 »

kbrkr wrote:
This is such an old fashioned opinion about B products. They have come a LOOOONG way in the past 10-20 years. They have become high quality, high value, and reliable pieces of equipment.

I totally agree.

Behringer have had there day as a cheap and cheerful company with bad QC,I think a lot of people bash them just because it seems an industry standard to slate the company!even though most have little experience with many of the products.

I've had a few Behringer products over the years,never had any problems with anything,they make some rather top notch products now,I've had an X32 Mixing Console for a few years,its been solid and reliable and never let me down and its been gigged with consistently.

The Build quality is top notch on the X32 and the amount of features it has for a digital desk rivals many top end products,infact its pretty much identical to the Midas company equivalent mixing desk since Behringer has acquired a few top spec companies(including Midas)s as well which means they have some great engineers with a lot of high end audio experience and R+D of top spec equipment which has boosted Behringers image for me.

Behringers customer service is also top notch,which has shown they have finally dealt with that poor image they seem to get labelled with.

Infact I have had far more problematic gear from brands like Roland and Korg,of which you wouldn't expect,there customer support is pretty much non existent if you've got problems,I tend to avoid those brands now due to poor support and Quality.

Behringer products have this stigma that most people think because they are cheap to buy they must be poor quality which isn't the case,they are able to mass produce things at a lower cost because they have the facilities to manufacture everything from a component level to finished product,most other companies don't have that luxury or facilities so have to outsource things which raises costs,behringer have a great portfolio of products nowadays!
Last edited by AdamStage2 on 13 Jan 2019, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
cphollis
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Post by cphollis »

I too have had great experiences with all of my Behringer purchases over the last several years. The biggest problem with this question is the low price point. I don't think you're going to find anything acceptable unless you start looking at well-used gear.
I think I have gear issues ....
john_nick

Post by john_nick »

23skid. Those FAQs really useful, thanks for the link

Regards
23skidoo

Post by 23skidoo »

AdamStage2 wrote:Behringer products have this stigma that most people think because they are cheap to buy they must be poor quality which isn't the case,they are able to mass produce things at a lower cost because they have the facilities to manufacture everything from a component level to finished product
Yes, the fact that they appear to steal most of their designs from other companies certainly cuts down the R&D costs too!
AdamStage2 wrote:behringer have a great portfolio of products nowadays!
You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine, which is based on a wide range of experience with a wide number of their products in a variety of venues.