General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Downgrade

Postby Zaziki » 13 Jan 2019, 01:06

Ist es möglich, von der Verion OS v2.02 wieder zurück auf 1.36 downgrade??

Finde die Programme in 001 bis 050 besser als 11-15
Zaziki

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Downgrade

Sponsor

Re: Downgrade

Postby baekgaard » 13 Jan 2019, 01:33

This forum is English speaking.

You can downgrade but will loose all programs saved by 2.x. you will also loose the new EP. And filters.

The programs are all still there but named differently.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby CRClemens » 13 Jan 2019, 12:13

Hi Zaziki,

If you like the pagebased numbers (001-050) more than the new numeric pad (A11-A55, B11-B55,...) you can switch between those two behaviours in the system menu, page 2.

Stage 3 Manual ver 1.6:

SYSTEM MENU
Hold SHIFT and press SYSTEM (Program 1 button) to access the System
menu settings. Use the PAGE 3 and 4 buttons to navigate between the
various menu items on the System menu. The PROGRAM dial is used to
change settings and the Panel buttons for switching between A and B.
Soft buttons are used to access additional settings where applicable.
When done, press EXIT (Shift) to leave the menu.
2 - PROGRAM SELECTION MODE
Program selection can be set up to work in two distinct ways: Page
Based or using “Numeric Pad” input. In the default Page Based mode
the 1-5 Program buttons correspond to the five programs within the
current page. In Numeric Pad mode these buttons are used for numeric
input, giving access to all 25 programs (11-55) within the current bank.
In Numeric Pad mode, the Page buttons function as Bank buttons.
Range: Page Based (default), Numeric Pad

Greets Clemens

Hallo Zaziki,

du kannst zwischen den beiden Nummerierungsvarianten umschalten, ohne auf ein altes OS zurückzugreifen. Im Systemmenü auf der zweiten Seite, kannst du zwischen "Numeric Pad" und "Page Based" umschalten. "Page Based" ist hier die Variante deiner Wahl. Das Systemmenü erreichst du wie in der Anleitung beschrieben mit Shift+Programm1Button, zwischen den Menüseiten navigierst du mit den Pfeiltasten unter dem Programmwahlrad, Einstellwerte werden mit dem Programmrad geändert.

Viel Erfolg und viele Grüße

Clemens
Last edited by CRClemens on 13 Jan 2019, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
CRClemens

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano

Postby baekgaard » 13 Jan 2019, 16:54

CRClemens wrote:
If you like the pagebased numbers (001-050) more than the new numeric pad (A11-A55, B11-B55,...) you can switch between those two behaviours in the system menu, page 2.

Unfortunately, that is not not completely true. The menu entry allows you to change how the soft keys work: In the default mode, if you're at program A:11, pressing e.g. button 2 changes immediately to program A:12 whereas in page mode, you need to press twice ('1' followed by '2') to get to program A:12.

It does NOT, however, change the way programs are numbered. They are now always organised in banks of 25 programs, numbered 11 though 15, 21 through 25 etc until 51 through 55.
baekgaard

Postby 23skidoo » 13 Jan 2019, 18:09

The new system is best thought of as A:1:2 instead of A:12 ... it's bank A, part 1, program 2 (of 5). Each bank has 5 'sub-banks', each sub-bank has 5 immediately accessible programs. If you're clever, this can be used to help further organize your presets by grouping e.g. different sounds that go together into a "page" (A:1 is what I consider a 'page' of A:11 through A:15, all immediately accessible), or by grouping variants of a common sound (if you prefer to think of it this way, perhaps A is all of your favourite pianos, A:1 is all the 'raw' pianos, A:2 is effected pianos, A3 is layers, A4 is splits, A5 is whatever else...). There are, obviously many other ways a person can take advantage of this, but one of the things I love to do with any set of factory presets is initially go through and categorize them according to my own internal conception of how I'd want to go find that sound later (and whether I want to keep that factory preset or not, at all!) and then reorganize them in this fashion. Seeing the gaps and inconsistencies often provide a very good first approximation to designing my own presets and/or more deeply exploring what's already there. This has already paid off heavily with the Lead A1 that I own, since it doesn't even have patch names to help me conceptualize what I'm looking at or where I am in the patch banks.

In this way you get the benefits of song-mode grouping but aligned across an entirely arbitrary grouping strategy which can be organized as you see fit.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby baekgaard » 13 Jan 2019, 19:29

I use them in a bit similar way, although I may set it up so that all x:1 are acoustic pianos, x:2 are acoustic piano and bass splits, x:3 are EPs, x:4 are EPs with bass split, and x:5 are organs (or some such). It has (for me) some advantages in either mode. It was also the way the banks (on mine) were laid out in the initial factory presets.

It's also like that on the NP4 (where the first bank has acoustics at x:1, EP at x:2, upright at x:3, pads/strings at x:4 and splits/combos at x:5) and on the NE6 (where it is acoustics at x:1, EP at x:2, organ at x:3 and splits/combos at x:4).
baekgaard

Postby CRClemens » 13 Jan 2019, 20:55

Then I am sorry for the wrong information!
That's just how I thought it should be...
CRClemens

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano

Return to Nord Stage Forum