Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

trouble transferring sounds to my Nord Stage 2EX

Postby marilea+nord » 03 Jan 2019, 02:03

I am able to transfer some of the sample sounds from the Nord Sample Library online into my Nord Stage 2 EX successfully, but when I try to get sounds from this site from users who created them which are some very kewl sounds, btw, I CANNOT DO IT! HELP!? I love the 12 string guitar and brass patches that sound SO MUCH better than the ones in the Nord Sample library and I want them! When I go to 'Sound down (load)' ., I browse for the file, which I saved on my computer., (it's an nsmp file, btw)., then I choose to save it in Sample Section, which has plenty of space, and hit download, and it shows up in the Sample Section, but it says, 'NOT FOUND: samp Lib ~ (unknown) and some weird description. WHY?~? There is no explanation in the manuel and the other manuel I got concerning Nord sound manager info., which is in FRENCH! The only thing I know how to say or read in french is OUI and NON! Can someone help me out here?
Thanks,
Marilea +Nord forever
Last edited by marilea+nord on 06 Jan 2019, 23:46, edited 6 times in total.
marilea+nord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

trouble transferring sounds to my Nord Stage 2EX

Sponsor

Re: trouble transferring sounds to my Nord Stage 2EX

Postby Berretje » 03 Jan 2019, 04:18

Hi,

I tried to read your story, but with the almost unreadable sentences I can tell you this:

Check one of these tutorials on YouTube!

Gr
Bart
Last edited by Berretje on 03 Jan 2019, 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby WannitBBBad » 03 Jan 2019, 06:31

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but it sounds like you are trying to load a sample to a Program location. I would suggest saving the file to your PC, check the name, open Sound Manager and go to the Samples tab (not Program tab) to load the sample file, view it in organize mode, and simply drag/drop the sample file to an open spot. I store all my new samples above all the stock samples. Once loaded, you can move back to working on the Stage 2 EX where the slot A or B Synth for any program can be set to use that new sample. Take care.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 05 Jan 2019, 20:45, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
marilea+nord
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby spradders » 03 Jan 2019, 19:23

Maybe you are trying to download a program to your Nord, but you don't have the samples that the program uses?
For example, if I download a brass program which may have a couple of samples layered, with some reverb etc, I also need the samples themselves.

Could that be it? If not, be a little more specific in your description, or post a video? Thanks.

The author spradders was thanked by:
marilea+nord
spradders
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby cookie » 04 Jan 2019, 11:16

Something is not clear : you don't upload samples (.nsmp) to a bank location (i.e. : All bank D).
You upload a program (.ns2p) to a bank location.

When you upload samples, they go in the sample section (select the correct tab in the Nord Manager).
Then, you have to create a program that will use those samples by enabling the Synth section and select the sample at the location # it was assigned to when uploaded.

Hope this makes sense. If not, then I suggest you check some youtube tutorial.

Oui et Non et vive la France :)

Fred

The author cookie was thanked by 2 members, including:
marilea+nordBerretje
cookie
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby marilea+nord » 12 Jan 2019, 17:13

Thanks to all of you who reached out to help me. This is all new territory for me, having been strictly a classical trained pianist and while I am having fun with this new venture, it can be quite frustrating! CHEERS to 2019!
marilea+nord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby WannitBBBad » 13 Jan 2019, 01:10

Hello, one last thought: Anytime you load a sample and the program using it to your Nord Stage 2, you need to go to the synth section for that program (slot A and/or B intended for that sample) and make sure the synth points to the memory location where you saved the sample. Say for example that my posted program uses a guitar sample stored in my Stage 2 sample memory location 175; if you downloaded them and saved the sample to your sample memory location 199, you would need to modify the synth in the downloaded program to point to memory location 199 (not 175) to play the sampled sound. I hope this helps - take care.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 13 Jan 2019, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage 2 Programs (*.ns2p files)