Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

gig bag for electro 73

Postby Stokely » 11 Jan 2019, 22:24

Hello, about the join the family hopefully :) To save a bit of money, and also because I don't really want a bright red nord bag that advertises what I have for thieves, I was wondering what other options are there for the 73 key model.

My gigs are easy loads, nothing would never need to stack on it, no need for a protective case....just something to carry it in.

I don't need wheels, as for longer hauls I use a rock n' roller cart. The nord would sit on my kurzweil, which does have a hard case. (the weight of which is what is spurring me to get the soft one here!). All cables and extra bits have their own case.

My impression is that the nords are short enough to fit into some "next size down" bags and cases...can this go into a 61 key bag?

Thanks,
Rick

Edit: this isn't the cheapest bag out there, but I've owned several gator cases and like them. sizewise it's VERY close...maybe too close, though of course the more snug the better. Anyone used it?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008V8OTEQ/re ... UTF8&psc=1

It's the Gator slim 61.
Last edited by Stokely on 11 Jan 2019, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Stokely

gig bag for electro 73

Sponsor

Re: gig bag for electro 73

Postby 23skidoo » 11 Jan 2019, 22:55

Gator Pro-Go bags ROCK, I have one for my Nord Lead. I'd consider one for my Stage 3 compact, but I ended up getting an SKB 3i series for that (hard case). I'd use a Gator Pro-Go 76 slim, personally, rather than the fatter 61, just because I prefer a little extra length to put (padded) pedals and stuff inside the case at the top end rather than along the back or key edge. But both will fit the '73 no problem.

The slim-61 won't fit it, no. You lose the padded protection at the ends by squishing it too much.
Last edited by 23skidoo on 11 Jan 2019, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby Stokely » 11 Jan 2019, 23:23

Gotcha, that did seem just a bit too close there. Unfortunately the 76 is 9 inches too long (minus padding) and I typically keep pedals in another case...but I could use a towel to pad it....I often bring a towel along in case anyway (especially for outdoor gigs) :D
Stokely

Postby 23skidoo » 12 Jan 2019, 00:02

Yeah, a towel will work, change of clothes, even a pillow or lightweight yoga foam block would do well. As for the space, honestly, it's not as bad in the gator because there are velcro padded straps in the middle which will secure the keyboard very tightly in the middle in case of a drop. If you put the keyboard firmly against the end that goes "down" most often, it's unlikely that even turning it over and dropping it hard on the other end would rip it free from the padded "arms".

If you're actually concerned about that sort of a violent situation, I'd actually recommend you get the SKB hard case (3i-5014-TKBD) for it, which will fit it like a glove and has enough internal foam blocking to keep it from moving without putting any force on the knobs, sliders, etc. whatsoever.

Otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it at all, the padding and the arms will keep your baby snug under all but the most extreme circumstances.
23skidoo

Postby Stokely » 12 Jan 2019, 00:38

Yeah, I've had flight cases, gator padded ones with those straps you mention, skb cases, and gig bags :) My pc361 is in an skb case and it's pretty darn heavy, and frankly I'm so careful with my gear--and it only goes from my car right to stage--gig bags are fine for what I'm doing now. This will be the lightest keyboard I've ever owned and that makes a difference too.

I can get the nord for the same price as the gator so I'm debating. I watch my gear like a hawk so thieves I guess aren't really a concern. How would you compare the two in quality? The backpack straps on the Nord could actually get some use, though my gear bag is a "military backpack" so that spot might be taken :)
Stokely

Postby 23skidoo » 12 Jan 2019, 01:21

I can’t compare it to the Nord case. I don’t buy cases that advertise what’s inside. ;)

The gator pro-go series are well made and I wouldn’t hesitate to backpack one. I bike with mine on my back and it’s very comfortable loaded up. But that’s with a Nord lead. I am not sure I’d advise biking with a 73, but I’m sure it’s doable. That said for walking the backpack straps are easily strong enough for a 73, multiple times over.
Last edited by 23skidoo on 12 Jan 2019, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
23skidoo

Postby anotherscott » 12 Jan 2019, 03:10

For a lightweight, light duty, well-priced bag, the Yamaha YBNP76 should do the trick.
anotherscott

Postby cphollis » 12 Jan 2019, 03:36

Well, I have a fleet of Nords with bright red gig bags, never have I had a problem. Your mileage may vary?
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby solmaster » 13 Jan 2019, 00:46

Gigged for over a year with my Stage3 88 and Nord gig bag. No issues whatsoever. Got a good deal on the bag, which stopped me from buying a full flightcase. (The extra weight may also have been a factor!)
solmaster

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby spradders » 13 Jan 2019, 02:33

I got the proper Nord bag for my 73, but I'm not impressed - there isn't enough padding at the corners so the wooden keyboard ends are getting damaged. I'm also looking for an alternative! There was a thread on here where someone recommended an expensive 61 key case that was apparently perfect... can't find it now :-/
spradders
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Next

Return to Nord Electro Forum