General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Perceived change in piano sound since update

Postby anotherscott » 09 Jan 2019, 15:14

Szisztema wrote:
aureliopenna wrote:How about 2.02 what are you guys thoughts?

It's weird. The response of the electric pianos are very nice now, they are almost perfect for me. But the improvement of the response in case of uprights and grands ("Improvements to keyboard handling for increased evenness in touch" since 1.50) is totally disappeared. Hopefully it's a bug. I don't like the grand and upright piano response now.

Which action do you have?
anotherscott

Sponsor

Postby Szisztema » 09 Jan 2019, 18:16

anotherscott wrote:
Szisztema wrote:

It's weird. The response of the electric pianos are very nice now, they are almost perfect for me. But the improvement of the response in case of uprights and grands ("Improvements to keyboard handling for increased evenness in touch" since 1.50) is totally disappeared. Hopefully it's a bug. I don't like the grand and upright piano response now.

Which action do you have?

Waterfall. Nord Stage 3 Compact.
Szisztema

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby 23skidoo » 09 Jan 2019, 18:37

I’ve got a compact stage 3 on 2.0.2 and don’t have any issues with the piano velocity mapping being uneven.
Last edited by 23skidoo on 09 Jan 2019, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby kbmatson » 09 Jan 2019, 18:46

NS3 73 here ... I'm loving almost everything about it now ... EPs, Pianos, Organ, synth --- With the updates and my own tweaking over a couple months ... quite happy!
kbmatson

Postby aureliopenna » 09 Jan 2019, 23:05

Szisztema wrote:

I miss that smoothness since 1.50 too. Actually is not exactly a Smoothness, is the possibility to make these huge dinamics from very low pianissimos and loud sforzandos and fortissimos, which was sooo right and depth and warm on Nord Stage 2. It's hards to play at low dinamics on NS3, and "soft" option just make it soft (and a little bit more low) but not dinamic, if you play hard with soft on you won't get the "stringendo" fortissimo sound it's like lacking something more.
aureliopenna

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum