This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Nord Sample Editor HELP!

Postby wartaler » 07 Jan 2019, 22:53

Given that the Sound Manager does connect to your E6, I think the USB driver installation is fine, cable is probably fine. I'd suggest to uninstall, freshly download and re-install the Sample Editor, I once had a bad download which at first I thought was impossible.. A fresh download was the solution. [Edit: see below]

However, I'm still confused about this: Stage3 and Electro6 are indeed not listed as compatible devices with the Sample Editor. There is a remark about version 2.28 (from 2016-08-08 = most recent): "Attention Nord Stage 3 owners: This software is currently not compatible with the Nord Stage 3. A compatible version will be released soon. Stay tuned! " That's more than 2 years ago! Did they forget to update the info on the website?

Are there any Electro6 owners here who succesfully used the Sample Editor? Kirsty: are you indeed able to use the Sample Editor with your Stage3?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see this earlier: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/software- ... -converter
So, first generate samples in the Sample Editor, it's not required to have an instrument connected, E6, NS3, NP4 are not even supported, then convert these v2 samples to v3 with Nord Sample Converter software, then transfer these v3 samples to the instrument with Sound Manager -
Last edited by wartaler on 08 Jan 2019, 00:53, edited 7 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular

The author wartaler was thanked by:
Ron Wehrens
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Sponsor

Postby cgrafx » 08 Jan 2019, 01:25

The Sample Editor does not work directly with the Nord Stage 3.

The process is as follows.
1. Create your sample with the sample editor (you don't have to be connected to a keyboard to do this)
2. Save the sample.
3. Connect NS3 with the sound manager
4. Transfer the sample to the NS3. The sound manager will convert to the v3 sample format on-the-fly during the upload.
Last edited by cgrafx on 08 Jan 2019, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey

The author cgrafx was thanked by:
pablomastodon
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby kirsty » 08 Jan 2019, 01:53

wartaler wrote:Are there any Electro6 owners here who succesfully used the Sample Editor? Kirsty: are you indeed able to use the Sample Editor with your Stage3?

Apologies and I ran ahead of myself when i skimread the thread. I didnt manage to use Sound Manager directly with my Stage 3. I used it with my previous Stage 2 and my samples and programs were all transferred and converted over when i updated to the NS3.

My comment was mainly to confirm that a crappy and extra long USB cable though a hub can still connect OK to the PC in general. (I used the same cable when I used the Sound Manager for the Stage 2) :)

Apologies if I caused any confusion!
Last edited by kirsty on 08 Jan 2019, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha C6 Grand

Gone but not forgotten
Young Chang G157 | Nord Electro 5HP | Nord Stage 3 HA88 | Roland RD-64 | Nord Stage 2 EX 76 | Yamaha CP4 | Nord Piano 2HP | Kurzweil Artis | Kurzweil SP4-8 | Roland HP507
kirsty

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby wartaler » 08 Jan 2019, 06:32

Thanks cgrafx and Kirsty for confirmation & clarification!

cgrafx wrote:The Sample Editor does not work directly with the Nord Stage 3.
..nor with Electro6 and Piano4, on the Sample Editor page of the Nord website they actually clearly state this, which I totally missed at first, as I was looking at the Sample Editor download page, I think it would help if they mention the current compatibility and work-around there too.

cgrafx wrote: 4. Transfer the sample to the NS3. The sound manager will convert to the v3 sample format on-the-fly during the upload.
it seems to me that the Sample Converter* has become redundant since they included this conversion in the Sound Manager.

*Edit 11 Jan 2019: the Sample Converter page has now been removed..

@Bachman, I hope this answers your question: with the Sample editor you cannot directly transfer samples to your Electro6, but there is the work-around that cgrafx mentioned.
Last edited by wartaler on 11 Jan 2019, 07:17, edited 10 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby Bachman » 08 Jan 2019, 14:41

Well I finally found out what the problem is........
Sample Editor will not work with Nord Electro 6! It cannot convert the sample to a .nsmp3 file, so it will not download it to the instrument.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions. I used to think I was a bit rubbish when it came to computers, but I'm starting to believe that it's actually the other way around, and it's computers that are a bit rubbish when it comes to me.
Bachman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby 23skidoo » 08 Jan 2019, 17:07

It's more that maintaining good documentation is a complex problem and with a small company it's very difficult to keep all your P's and Q's lined up. The various boutique firms I've worked for have all had this problem too despite very good intentions and a lot of hard work, sometimes things still fall through the cracks.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby SONARtist » 15 Feb 2019, 23:10

Hi, I'm new here so please be gentle :-)

I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP. I have an Electro 6D and although the Sound Manager works perfectly when connected to it, the Sample Editor software cannot see the Nord. Same cable is used, but I have tried a different one and I also (re-)installed the USB driver even though this was installed with the Sound Manager software. All software has been downloaded from the website, and I am running OS Version 2.0 (the unit came with v1.8 but I did not try the Sample Editor at the time, so don't know if that works).
There is something funny with the Sample Editor software not connecting with this NE6.

Anyone else have the same experience ?
Cheers.

[later ...] I re-read the whole thread and it seems that it's a file format issue. Is that the reason why they broke the USB connectivity ? If so, seems a funny way to go about it ...
Last edited by SONARtist on 15 Feb 2019, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
SONARtist

Postby SONARtist » 20 Feb 2019, 19:07

Just a quick update ...
I did manage to create a sample in the Sample Editor and get it into the Electro 6D using the Sound Manager. Thank to all for the hints to use the Sound Manager.
SONARtist

Postby taxman » 02 Mar 2019, 19:19

Hi Folks, I make a sample with the sample editor and after that I try to import it into the soundmanger to get it into my programm. My setting: NS3 compact newest OS, same with the sample editor and the sound manager.
I get the info that I need an nsmp3 Format... but I can´t find the sampleconverter… where is it? ...or how can I Import my sample to the NS3?
Does anyone know something about this?

Cheers
Last edited by taxman on 02 Mar 2019, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
taxman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby Mr_-G- » 02 Mar 2019, 19:38

Update to the latest sound manager, it converts nsmp 2 into 3 automatically.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by:
doberman569
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

PreviousNext

Return to General Nord Forum