Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Visual diagram of control change parameters

Postby katlyle » 06 Jan 2019, 04:10

Hey! I would like to use my Nord Electro 5HP as a midi controller for control change of expressions. Does anyone have a block type diagram of the control change cc assignments listed in the appendix A of the midi controller list as they relate to cc numbers? It would be very helpful to visualize the corresponding cc numbers of all the parameters as they are laid out on the front panel. Reading the appendix helps, but it would even more helpful to have this as a visual. Thanks so much!
katlyle

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Visual diagram of control change parameters

Sponsor

Re: Visual diagram of control change parameters

Postby Schorsch » 06 Jan 2019, 10:57

Hi,

do you want to use the controls of the Nord Electro (Knobs, Drawbars etc.) to control another midi device, and is this possible at all/does the Nord transmit all these control values externally?
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby 23skidoo » 06 Jan 2019, 17:02

Just use Midi Monitor, turn each control, and see what the nord sends. Then draw it on top of a printout of the panel layout!
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby katlyle » 06 Jan 2019, 17:14

Hervshahn: Yes! I am trying to control the expressions of my virtual instruments using the Nord Electro. The user manual gives us a list of parameters it can control on p 21. Sustain (cc 64) and Expression Pedal (cc 11) is the most common and used all the time. The buttons, knobs and draw bars can be assigned to control external midi and some are already assigned for example the draw bars on the B3 organ in Logic Pro X. I would like to assign to expressions in my Kontakt libraries like vibrato. Unfortunately Nord Elecro did not create the main cc1 control for Mod wheel. I don't have a mod wheel on any other keyboard controller and am currently looking at options for what to do about this.

23skidoo: I would print out the panel layout if I could find a good image. The picture of the panel layout in the user manual is very dark. Any suggestions?
katlyle

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby 23skidoo » 06 Jan 2019, 18:15

I'm not aware of any better ones, sorry.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum