Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Cannot find Auto-Wah

Postby DonPolettone » 31 Dec 2018, 13:23

Hi all,

I luuuuuuuuv my Nord Piano 3. But I cannot find the A-WAH effect that was used for these samples here on Nord's website: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... lavinet-d6

It says "The second half of each demo were additionally processed with the Nord Piano internal "A-Wa1" effect." But I cannot find an auto-wah in my piano, I can only manually turn the effect knob...

Anyone knows how to use / find AUTO Wah (wah effect depending on how hard one hits the keys ?)
DonPolettone

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Cannot find Auto-Wah

Sponsor

Re: Cannot find Auto-Wah

Postby maxpiano » 31 Dec 2018, 14:26

The only Wah effect available on NP3 is actually an Auto-wah, as you can read on the manual

The WAH effect consists of a resonant low- pass filter, which can be swept across the frequency range, using the rate control. The effect is sensitive to the volume of the sound, which means that the velocity with which you play determines the amount of “Quack” achieved. The rate range is 0-10.

Warning: if you have a CTRL Pedal plugged in and activate CTRL PED on Effect 1 then when using the WAH the pedal controls the frequency, not the Rate knob
Last edited by maxpiano on 31 Dec 2018, 14:29, edited 4 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby DonPolettone » 31 Dec 2018, 14:28

Hi maxpiano, thanks for your answer. I feel this does not work for me - only the knob controls the WAH, no matter what velocity ? How can this be ?
DonPolettone

Postby maxpiano » 31 Dec 2018, 14:30

DonPolettone wrote:Hi maxpiano, thanks for your answer. I feel this does not work for me - only the knob controls the WAH, no matter what velocity ? How can this be ?

Try setting the Rate to the middle and play extremely light then extremely hard, check also that CTRL PED is turned off.
PS: which sound and Dynamics settings are you using? There should be some Clavinet with Wah in the factory programs anyway, to use as a start.
Last edited by maxpiano on 31 Dec 2018, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby DonPolettone » 31 Dec 2018, 15:03

thanks I think it worked now, but the effect is not as dedicated as in the demo..
DonPolettone

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum