Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Which Synth would you sell ?

Postby Venatt » 30 Dec 2018, 09:03

If you had the Alesis Andromeda A6 and the Moog Sub37 and had to sell one of them, which one would you let go of ?
Venatt

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Which Synth would you sell ?

Sponsor

Re: Which Synth would you sell ?

Postby maxpiano » 30 Dec 2018, 09:12

The one you use and love less... they are so different instruments.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby analogika » 30 Dec 2018, 11:56

You’ll always be able to get another Moog.

A6 are rare.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby 23skidoo » 30 Dec 2018, 20:19

Love my Subsequent 37 CV but now that I've bought an A1 I'm selling the Moog off (keeping a Minitaur though, gotta have ONE Moog for that classic sound!). It's a beautiful instrument with TONS of sound design features, but honestly, even the limited nature of the A1 has already rendered it collecting dust in the corner for my music (I found out I really love mad unison polyphonic bass lines over the clearer, but more limited monophonic synth stuff). Looks like you've got a Nord Lead 4 already, so you should know by now which of those two synths are more easily replaced by it to your ears and for your purposes.

I'm not familiar with the A6, but I've heard good things about it.

I agree with @maxpiano, pick the one you love actually making music with the most. Toss the other one. For me it's simple: I'm not a monosynth kind of guy, as much as I love the Moog, it's much more of a one-trick pony to me no matter how good that one trick is, so it goes.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby Venatt » 01 Jan 2019, 08:25

23skidoo wrote:Love my Subsequent 37 CV but now that I've bought an A1 I'm selling the Moog off (keeping a Minitaur though, gotta have ONE Moog for that classic sound!). It's a beautiful instrument with TONS of sound design features, but honestly, even the limited nature of the A1 has already rendered it collecting dust in the corner for my music (I found out I really love mad unison polyphonic bass lines over the clearer, but more limited monophonic synth stuff). Looks like you've got a Nord Lead 4 already, so you should know by now which of those two synths are more easily replaced by it to your ears and for your purposes.

I'm not familiar with the A6, but I've heard good things about it.

I agree with @maxpiano, pick the one you love actually making music with the most. Toss the other one. For me it's simple: I'm not a monosynth kind of guy, as much as I love the Moog, it's much more of a one-trick pony to me no matter how good that one trick is, so it goes.

I sold my NL4 along with three other keyboards to buy the Nord Stage 3 which has the A1 engine. But still have the Andromeda, a Moog Sub37, a DSI Mopho and a Mini Nova. Sometimes having to much keyboards takes away the concentration of getting all the juice out of one or two. I was about to sell my Andromeda for very good money but then I had second thoughts so I think I might sacrifice the Moog Sub37 because I need to buy a new Mac Book Pro, even though I might be getting rid off very good bass sounds which was like the main reason I bought the Sub37 for.
Last edited by Venatt on 01 Jan 2019, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Venatt

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Postby Frantz » 01 Jan 2019, 21:25

Venatt wrote:If you had the Alesis Andromeda A6 and the Moog Sub37 and had to sell one of them, which one would you let go of ?

The Sub37 with no hesitation.
Keep the A6.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
Frantz
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Quai34 » 02 Jan 2019, 04:19

analogika wrote:You’ll always be able to get another Moog.

A6 are rare.

+1, lots of Moog on eBay/Reverb, way less A6!!!!
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum