Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Stage 2 – For those new to programming...

Postby WannitBBBad » 28 Dec 2018, 19:47

I posted something similar to this for the Stage 3 and thought it might be helpful to post one for the Stage 2. For those of you new to programming, an excellent source of information on synthesizers and the keys to programming is the collection of SOS magazine old articles called Synth Secrets at https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... d-on-sound (thanks for the link Mr_-G-)

One of the best ways to learn the ins and outs of the Stage 2 is to download programs and go through the synth and morph settings to figure out what makes them tick. Prior to selling my Stage 2 EX, I posted quite a few Stage 2 programs that may not be something you’d use playing out, but could learn from if you don’t know how you would recreate it yourself. Below are samples of some of those programs and links to original posts. I use the "morph" function quite a bit with the Control Pedal, it's well worth getting one. I hope you find these helpful. Take care.

My Stage 2 "Utility" Program – I used this a lot but it is also a good starting point for other programs. Slot A has piano, strings, and a Hammond with "drawbars" morphed to the Mod Wheel. Slot B has a left-hand bass, and right-hand piano and strings.
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/my-utility-program-for-the-stage-2-t15752.html

Hammond with Leslie/Tremolo on Wheel, DX7, Bass – Somewhat similar to my “utility” program but this one focused on the Hammond with Leslie and tremolo effect on Mod Wheel. The tremolo makes for a more "pulsing" Leslie sound similar to a closer microphone setup. The MP3 includes holding a chord and turning the tremolo on and off.
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/hammond-with-leslie-tremolo-on-wheel-dx7-bass-t7699.html#p48819

10 Classic Rock and Other Programs (really 11)
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/ten-classic-rock-and-other-programs-t7676.html

Ambrosia – “Biggest Part of Me” – Piano, Hammond, and Synth Brass are progressively used in the song.
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/ambrosia-biggest-part-of-me-free-to-a-good-home-t15716.html

Bruce Springsteen – “Glory Days”
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/bruce-springsteen-glory-days-free-to-a-good-home-t15718.html

Bruce Springsteen – “Dancing In The Dark” - new version posted at:
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/bruce-springsteen-dancing-in-the-dark-t15717.html#p104167

Pedal Steel Patches – Two pedal steel patches for the Stage 2
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/pedal-steel-patches-free-to-a-good-home-t15753.html

James Taylor – “Every Day” – Left-hand pad and right-hand Rhodes with soft analog brass
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/james-taylor-every-day-free-to-a-good-home-t15720.html

Jaw Harp - Juice Harp – Synth-created Jaw Harp with control pedal on wah
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/mouth-harp-jaw-harp-juice-harp-t7771.html#p49346

The Rolling Stones – “Miss You” – Wurlitzer Piano and Blues Harp with FREQ on control pedal to move into LFO range to emulate the hand over the harmonica providing the tremolo.
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/rolling-stones-miss-you-with-blues-harp-t15719.html

The Who – “Baba O’Riley” – Samples provided
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/baba-o-riley-t2954-10.html

LINK TO STAGE 3 POST --> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/for-those-new-to-programming-t15748.html
Attachments
Stage 2 - TwoLaneHighway W - Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway.mp3
MP3 example of live use of "TwoLaneHighway W" - Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway
(729.14 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Stage 2 - Example of The Who Baba ORiley samples.mp3
MP3 example of the samples for "Baba O'Riley" by The Who
(634.95 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Stage 2 - AmbrosiaBigPartW - Ambrosia - Biggest Part of Me.mp3
MP3 example of "AmbrosiaBigPartW"- Ambrosia - "Biggest Part of Me"
(969.33 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Stage 2 - Utility Program W.mp3
MP3 example of my "Utility" program
(523.83 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Stage 2 - DX7 Rhodes W.mp3
MP3 example of "DX7 Rhodes W" program
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
Stage 2 - DX7 Rhodes2 W.mp3
MP3 example of "DX7 Rhodes2 W" program
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
Stage 2 - James Taylor W - Piano and Acoustic Guitar.mp3
MP3 example of "James Taylor W" program
(677.1 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Stage 2 - Hotel Calif W - Eagles - Hotel California.mp3
MP3 example of "Hotel Calif W" program - The Eagles - "Hotel California"
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
Stage 2 - Hotel Calif2 W - Eagles - Hotel California.mp3
MP3 example of "Hotel Calif2 W" program - The Eagles - "Hotel California"
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 104 times
Stage 2 - LedZep AcGuitarW - 6 and 12 string acoustic guitars.mp3
MP3 example of "LedZep AcGuitarW" program with 6 and 12 string acoustic guitars
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Stage 2 - ELP FromBgning W - Emerson Lake Palmer - From the Beginning.mp3
MP3 example of "ELP FromBgning W" program - Emerson Lake Palmer - "From the Beginning"
(624.09 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Stage 2 - Abacab 5thWeelmW - Genesis - Abacab.mp3
MP3 example of "Abacab 5thWeelmW" program - Genesis - "Abacab"
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
Stage 2 - Waiting4Girl W - Foreigner - Waiting For a Girl.mp3
MP3 example of "Waiting4Girl W" program - Foreigner - "Waiting For a Girl"
(508.88 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Stage 2 - Surf ImYurCptn W - Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain.mp3
MP3 example of "Surf ImYurCptn W" program - Grand Funk Railroad - "I'm Your Captain"
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
Stage 2 - JTEveryday MK1 W - James Taylor - Every Day.mp3
MP3 example of "JTEveryday MK1 W" program - James Taylor - "Every Day"
(452.97 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Stones - MissYou W - Wurlitzer and Blues Harp.mp3
MP3 example of "MissYou W" program - The Rolling Stones - "Miss You" with Blues Harp
(127.6 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Stage 2 - Glory Days W - Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days.mp3
MP3 example of "Glory Days W" program - Bruce Springsteen - "Glory Days"
(334.87 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Stage 2 - HammondWheelDX_W.mp3
MP3 example of "HammondWheelDX_W" program - Hammond with Leslie and Tremolo on Mod Wheel
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
Jaw_Harp_W.mp3
MP3 example of "Jaw Harp W" program - A synth-created Jaw Harp with Wah on Control Pedal
(406.93 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Stage 2 - StevieHiRGroundW - Stevie_Wonder - Higher Ground.mp3
MP3 example of "StevieHiRGroundW" program - Stevie Wonder - "Higher Ground".mp3
(250.99 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 17 Jan 2019, 01:07, edited 5 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 / SC Prophet T8 / Hammond B3 w 122 Leslie / Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX,2 / SC Prophet 5 / SC Prophet 10 / Yamaha DX7IIFD w E! / Yamaha EX5 / Minimoog / Yamaha CP60 / D6 Clavinet / Fender Rhodes / Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 8 members, including:
Rusty MikemaxpianoMEL868mbb100BerretjegfullickLeo CastroSpider
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Stage 2 – For those new to programming...

Sponsor

Re: Stage 2 – For those new to programming...

Postby MEL868 » 16 Jan 2019, 17:03

Just when I thought this site was getting lame and no new good posts were coming out, WannitBBBad has renewed and washed out my suspicions. I enjoy W’s post soooo much and even as he’s elavated to NS3, he’s continuing to inspire and educate. A true, accomplished person and musician, thank you, so much, for sharing your talents with us!
My skills may be a hack, compared to most, but I appreciate the power of my Nord and do my best to do it the justice it deserves. I play out and exactly what you said above, need good starting programs to learn and tweak sounds.
Thank you, again! Happy New Year!
:keyboard: MEL868
ns2
NS2 SW73

The author MEL868 was thanked by 3 members, including:
HervshahnWannitBBBadBerretje
MEL868

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Stage 2 – For those new to programming...

Postby WannitBBBad » 16 Jan 2019, 22:02

Thank you so much for your comments, they are very much appreciated :) Happy New Year as well!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 17 Jan 2019, 02:51, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 / SC Prophet T8 / Hammond B3 w 122 Leslie / Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX,2 / SC Prophet 5 / SC Prophet 10 / Yamaha DX7IIFD w E! / Yamaha EX5 / Minimoog / Yamaha CP60 / D6 Clavinet / Fender Rhodes / Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage 2 Programs (*.ns2p/*.ns2pb files)