Comments, suggestions, questions about this forum? Post it here! Also for test purposes or Off-Topic discussions.

Re: A modest proposal regarding updating older hardware

Postby analogika » 25 Dec 2018, 23:31

Frantz wrote:Do you think there will be an OS update for Nord Stage 2 bringing seamless transition ?

:lol: :clap:
User avatar
analogika
 
Posts: 2556
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 10:02
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 638 times
Been thanked: 892 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: A modest proposal regarding updating older hardware


Sponsor
 

Re: A modest proposal regarding updating older hardware

Postby Schorsch » 26 Dec 2018, 00:44

Frantz wrote:Do you think there will be an OS update for Nord Stage 2 bringing seamless transition ?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :yourock:
Regards Schorsch

The best in music is not in the notes.

Gear:
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Stage 3 88
Nord Stage 2 EX 88
Yamaha Motif XF7 WH
Radial Key Largo
Neo Ventilator II
Hall of Fame 2
.... and more (GAS :roll: ) ...
Schorsch
Patch Creator
 
Posts: 776
Joined: 15 May 2018, 23:34
Location: Germany - NRW - Viersen
Country: Germany
Has thanked: 401 times
Been thanked: 200 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Re: A modest proposal regarding updating older hardware

Postby fieldflower » 26 Dec 2018, 11:02

I heard they were going to add it to the odd models, so Stage 1 gets it, but not 2. And of course Electro 1, 3 and 5. It will be removed from the Electro 6 in the next update.
And the boards will from now on be blue.
fieldflower
Patch Creator
 
Posts: 309
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 19:39
Country: Sweden
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 67 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Re: A modest proposal regarding updating older hardware

Postby Frantz » 26 Dec 2018, 14:29

maxpiano wrote:
Frantz wrote:Do you think there will be an OS update for Nord Stage 2 bringing seamless transition ?


No, they would have already done if it was planned/possible (and this discussion is not about that anyway)

PS: were you serious or kidding? :D


Kidding :) I thought about an OS update for a program control pedal input, or the 3.5 audio input routing to the main outputs, maybe a fourth split zone for the NS2, hardware indicator for the fourth zone would be first and last led ON ;)
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
User avatar
Frantz
Former Team Member
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: 30 Apr 2011, 13:12
Location: ♫♪ earth ♪♫
Country: France
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 529 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Re: A modest proposal regarding updating older hardware

Postby Frantz » 26 Dec 2018, 14:31

fieldflower wrote:I heard they were going to add it to the odd models, so Stage 1 gets it, but not 2. And of course Electro 1, 3 and 5. It will be removed from the Electro 6 in the next update.
And the boards will from now on be blue.


We have the same well informed source :lol:
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
User avatar
Frantz
Former Team Member
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: 30 Apr 2011, 13:12
Location: ♫♪ earth ♪♫
Country: France
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 529 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Re: A modest proposal regarding updating older hardware

Postby fieldflower » 26 Dec 2018, 14:55

Frantz wrote:
maxpiano wrote:
Frantz wrote:Do you think there will be an OS update for Nord Stage 2 bringing seamless transition ?


No, they would have already done if it was planned/possible (and this discussion is not about that anyway)

PS: were you serious or kidding? :D


Kidding :) I thought about an OS update for a program control pedal input, or the 3.5 audio input routing to the main outputs, maybe a fourth split zone for the NS2, hardware indicator for the fourth zone would be first and last led ON ;)


I heard the drawbars will have a fixed splitpoint when running double keyboards, so lower manual can max have 888800000 and upper can have max 000088888.
SOO convenient to not have to bother with the overlapping tones!!

And Decay/Release will impact all sounds, regardless of sound source selected. And be hardcoded to max!
We will now conquer the stage with our overwhelming sound!!!!!

And if You don't like these You upgrade to release 3.14 which can only load Don McLean programs.
fieldflower
Patch Creator
 
Posts: 309
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 19:39
Country: Sweden
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 67 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Previous

Return to Off Topic / About this Forum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest