General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Stage 3 - losing volume error - help!

Postby Stupic » 08 Dec 2018, 12:35

Hi

Had my beautiful Stage 3 since April. Last couple of months I've had instances where sound level has suddenly dropped dramatically during a gig, it will return to normal after twiddling knobs in a panic.

Recently found that if I turn master level to max and back again quickly this nearly always solves it. I've tried different leads, same issue, and it happens randomly on any program I'm using. Very intermittent, plenty of gigs where it doesn't happen, but it still does it now and again.

Any help please!!??!!

Still under warranty, but as working musician cant afford to be without keyboard unless absolutely necessary.....

Hope someone can help here..

Thanks in advance

Stuart
Stupic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Stage 3 - losing volume error - help!

Sponsor

Re: Stage 3 - losing volume error - help!

Postby Michldigital » 08 Dec 2018, 13:32

Sounds like a Defekt of Dirty Volume Poti.
Had the same Long Time ago with a Fantom X6.
Maybe You can try to clean it.
Michldigital

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby hernjov1 » 23 Dec 2018, 15:41

Hi Stuart, might be having the same issue as me! I've had a problem randomly as well with my NS3C where my patches mainly on the organ section would lose volume and I would have tweak the levels of it to put the volume back where I originally set it. I use Song mode for my shows and when switching song parts at times the keyboard would make hard transitions into different patches I believe because of this issue... Are we having the same issue with this I'm wondering? Your thoughts....
Nord Stage 3 Compact, Roland AX-7 keyboard guitar. Past keyboards and modules. Roland A-70 Controller, Kurzweil K25OORS Sampler, Roland D-50, Korg NSR5 module, Juno 60, Roland 106, Korg Poly 6, Yamaha DX-7, Hammond B-3 with 122 Leslie...
hernjov1

Postby Stupic » 28 Dec 2018, 16:06

hernjov1 wrote:Hi Stuart, might be having the same issue as me! I've had a problem randomly as well with my NS3C where my patches mainly on the organ section would lose volume and I would have tweak the levels of it to put the volume back where I originally set it. I use Song mode for my shows and when switching song parts at times the keyboard would make hard transitions into different patches I believe because of this issue... Are we having the same issue with this I'm wondering? Your thoughts....

I use Song mode also - but when I lose volume it seems to effect all parts on all songs - although nearly all my programmes are kbd/synth based.....will keep digging to find out solution....pls let me know if you figure yours out also

Stuart
Stupic

Postby PeteHughes » 01 Jan 2019, 19:35

I reported a similar issue. nord-stage-forum-f3/nord-stage-3-volume-fluctuations-t16686.html

It happened to me during a gig last night. I can't reproduce it on-depend though, can you?
PeteHughes

Postby hernjov1 » 02 Jan 2019, 02:22

The problem I'm having is in the Organ section... If I move the program dial back and forward I notice the change in volume which has been increasing the volume of my B-3 organ settings by at least 30%...I'm hearing more issues along the way bud so it's not just us!!! Keep me updated along the way.... Thx..
Nord Stage 3 Compact, Roland AX-7 keyboard guitar. Past keyboards and modules. Roland A-70 Controller, Kurzweil K25OORS Sampler, Roland D-50, Korg NSR5 module, Juno 60, Roland 106, Korg Poly 6, Yamaha DX-7, Hammond B-3 with 122 Leslie...
hernjov1

Postby nsterenborg » 23 May 2023, 00:00

hernjov1 wrote:Hi Stuart, might be having the same issue as me! I've had a problem randomly as well with my NS3C where my patches mainly on the organ section would lose volume and I would have tweak the levels of it to put the volume back where I originally set it. I use Song mode for my shows and when switching song parts at times the keyboard would make hard transitions into different patches I believe because of this issue... Are we having the same issue with this I'm wondering? Your thoughts....

Sorry to revive this thread, but did you find a solution to this? I appear to have the same issue, where occasionally the first few seconds of playing a sound it is much softer. I also use song mode and often use seamless transitions (so the previous sound is still running when I switch to the next patch and trigger the next sound). The weird thing is that it doesn't always seem to affect all engines (I only experienced it with synth engine). Specifically, I experienced switching to a patch, using synth engine 1 which works fine, and after 4 measures or so using synth engine 2 which has the problem multiple times now. All my other patches seem to work fine.
Last edited by nsterenborg on 23 May 2023, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
nsterenborg

Postby Mitko945 » 08 Jun 2023, 05:20

Hey, hey. While I played completely refused the sound even the equalizer also did not work everything was in place. Nord electro 6 D 73hp
Mitko945

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Stage Forum