Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

3 Songs for your cover band - More to come!

Postby Nadroj » 28 Mar 2017, 23:12

I'm buying a Stage 2 this week and have always wanted to upload my custom samples somewhere. I'll upload three for now - three already sampled, overplayed songs, but hey ho! I created these because there was a time when I was having issues with my Roland FA-06 live (fixed now) and I wanted to make sure these three keys based songs would be playable at least if the Roland failed. All sounds are sampled from the Roland FA-06. The "Do" in Uptown Funk was sampled from the track (I did this myself, so it's not the other one floating around here).

Please note these samples are meant for live use. They're meant to cut through a mix. On their own, some sounds (especially the riser in uptown funk) sound terrible and weak. They work very well for me in the band context, though! Bear that in mind.

When I get the Stage 2 I'll be sampling most of the sounds I use live on the Roland to be used on the Stage 2 (one board solution, please). When I do that, I'll throw them up here too at some point.

I've included a wee demo for each - I apologise for the quality. When I do demos for the rest of my sounds they'll be demo'd properly in my lovely new house on my Macbook into Logic X. They won't be recorded on my kitchen table in a house filled with packed up boxes using my work laptop with audacity like these ones were (we're moving house :oops: ) The latency on audacity was terrible, so I just recorded those without any monitoring.

I'm not sure how user samples work for other people; in each of these things the sounds are assigned to different keys on my Electro 4 SW73. The keymapping may be different on your keyboard.

- I just cycled through every sound at once so that you get a feel for them. The riser goes on much, much longer - I just recorded a couple of seconds of it here.

(just the intro)

(again, just the intro and part of the verse so that you get a feel for the sounds).

I Wanna Dance
D#1-F#2 is the Synth bass. F1 is F# with modulation. TURN RELEASE 2 OFF FOR THE SYNTH BASS IN THE INTRO. Turn it back on (or just press the programme button again) for the rest of the track. Pad is the next octave up. Next two octaves are the Roland vintage EPianos. Top octave is the synthbrass/strings/chorus hook.

Uptown Funk
C1-G2 has the "Do"s. Bottom F is the riser (hold this or sustain it with a pedal, either works). Octave above that is the organ. D above the organ is the synth hit chord (sampled the whole chord to one note). Above that is the synth in the chorus. Top octave is the stacatto brass.

Time of My Life

Simple split. B3-F#4 is the melody - Left hand plays this. Octave above that are the chords. The rest of the song is played using basic synth strings on my Roland (chorus) and the Bright Grand with added chorus and EQ (for the pre-Chorus). Didn't sample those since they, or similar sounds, can be found easily in the sample library.

I hope someone can get some sort of use out of my humble attempts at sampling!
Attachments
uptown funk.nsmp
(11.95 MiB) Downloaded 854 times
Time of My Life.nsmp
(6.23 MiB) Downloaded 766 times
I Wanna Dance With Somebody.nsmp
(16.44 MiB) Downloaded 997 times
I Wanna Dance With Somebody.mp3
(879.96 KiB) Downloaded 11150 times
Time of My life.mp3
(257.68 KiB) Downloaded 3156 times
Uptown FUnk REAL.mp3
Uptown Funk Part example
(818.94 KiB) Downloaded 3437 times
Last edited by Nadroj on 28 Mar 2017, 23:22, edited 4 times in total.

The author Nadroj was thanked by 9 members, including:
ArsenioDrGeorgeMoochachaclovatoDanielD71KrouchJohannesinfi99Berretje
Nadroj
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

3 Songs for your cover band - More to come!

Sponsor

Re: 3 Songs for your cover band - More to come!

Postby Johannes » 29 Mar 2017, 11:26

Very cool, great job!! Lookign forward to try them out on the Stage also.
Keep up the good work!

Cheers
johannes
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby mhuk01 » 20 Dec 2018, 14:02

These are brilliant, thank you. A quick question for a newbie - is it possible to pitch shift these samples easily? My band plays uptown funk in a different key...
mhuk01

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby alexmarinojR » 09 Jan 2019, 23:21

mhuk01 wrote:These are brilliant, thank you. A quick question for a newbie - is it possible to pitch shift these samples easily? My band plays uptown funk in a different key...

If you transpose directly on the board - no. It will just move semi-tone lower the same sounds. There is a much better version which I use in the sample collection. I don't know which one exactly. Try them , there might actually be an option of semi-tone higher or lower.
Last edited by alexmarinojR on 09 Jan 2019, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
alexmarinojR

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby toddhec » 09 Mar 2019, 20:23

do you happen to have a stage3 program for "I wanna dance with somebody"? I see the synth bass sample but no program... if someone could share one, I would appreciate it.
toddhec

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)