This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Which model of Nord is best suited for live performance?

Postby harmonizer » 29 Nov 2018, 18:25

I am guessing that you sometimes want to press keys to create sounds from Mainstage (while not making any sounds from the audio outputs of your Nord keyboard), but at other times you might want to press keys on your Nord keyboard and use the sounds generated by the Nord, taken from its audio outputs. I am assuming that sometimes you may wish to do both of these at the same time, during the same song. You might even want to have more than one keyboard "Split" be used on your Nord keyboard during a single song while doing this. If my guess is correct, I would recommend the Nord Stage over the Nord Electro, because the Stage has more flexibility with Splits.
harmonizer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Sponsor

Postby danrv » 29 Nov 2018, 18:44

kbmatson wrote:
danrv wrote:Having the Piano model for lower board does away with the weighted vs waterfall action dilemma of the Stage.

Yep - that is ideal - but in my case - at 56 and with some physical problems - i wanted ONE, lightweight keyboard that covered everything, and the Stage 3 Compact works perfect for that. Also - it is better for some of the smaller venues we play with limited stage space. it is a compromise on piano feel/length. but i prefer playing piano on waterfall keys to organ on piano keys, and I do a lot of both.

Yes, I have to take care with my back and the ST2 HA76 I have seemed manageable when I bought it several years ago.
For something lighter, I think a Compact would be great and the SW keys cover the Stage’s sounds better that the HP76.
For the varied gigs I do, I’d ideally like to own both. Compact for band use and HA for jazz and solo playing.
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Korg Triton Extreme 61, Roland XP80, Yamaha P140, Yamaha PSR2000 , 2 x Yamaha DXR10, Roland KC150, Toa D3 line mixer, Quiklok 2 tier X stand.
danrv

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum