Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Assign Split Sounds to 2 channels on mixer. NP3

Postby ADkeys » 22 Nov 2018, 23:49

Hi Guys,
If I create a split bass /piano on my NP3 would it be possible to assign the sounds to two different channels on my mixer for live gigs.
Effectively giving me control over the bass and piano eq separately. I would guess the bass could be sent from the L input of the NP3, whilst the piano sound would be sent from the R input. Thanks for any answers!
ADkeys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4

Assign Split Sounds to 2 channels on mixer. NP3

Sponsor

Re: Assign Split Sounds to 2 channels on mixer. NP3

Postby kaljo » 23 Nov 2018, 17:53

Yes it’s possible. In the system menu you can choose output routing mode:

“OUTPUT ROUTING MODE can be set to Stereo, meaning both Piano and sample synth will be routed to both outputs, or to Piano : L, Synth : R, which will route Piano to the Left and sample synth to the Right output, both being in mono. Default value is Stereo.” (From the manual)
Yamaha CLP 411, Yamaha S30, Nord Piano 3
kaljo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Postby SteveNordP3 » 23 Nov 2018, 22:23

While you can split them left and right, unfortunately, you can’t define what portion of the keyboard gets the bass sample. It triggers on all 88 keys. I suppose you could address it partially through EQ (shelving everything above your favorite split point) but it’s a bit of a confusing implementation.
SteveNordP3

Postby baekgaard » 23 Nov 2018, 23:32

SteveNordP3 wrote:While you can split them left and right, unfortunately, you can’t define what portion of the keyboard gets the bass sample. It triggers on all 88 keys. I suppose you could address it partially through EQ (shelving everything above your favorite split point) but it’s a bit of a confusing implementation.

Really? On the NP4, there is a split button, and it looks like the NP3 has a split function also that allows you to have the Synth sound (e.g.) below a certain split point, and the Piano above?
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby SteveNordP3 » 23 Nov 2018, 23:35

Apologies - I thought you wanted to send a layered sound in 2 places - you specified split - you are correct that you can do that (just not layered). Stepping away from the iPhone now...
SteveNordP3

Postby ADkeys » 24 Nov 2018, 18:35

Thanks guys. Thats great news. I only want to split a bass and piano. No Layering. So thats all clear from kaljo. Much appreciated!
ADkeys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum