Assign Split Sounds to 2 channels on mixer. NP3

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
ADkeys
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4

Assign Split Sounds to 2 channels on mixer. NP3

Post by ADkeys »

Hi Guys,
If I create a split bass /piano on my NP3 would it be possible to assign the sounds to two different channels on my mixer for live gigs.
Effectively giving me control over the bass and piano eq separately. I would guess the bass could be sent from the L input of the NP3, whilst the piano sound would be sent from the R input. Thanks for any answers!
kaljo
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Re: Assign Split Sounds to 2 channels on mixer. NP3

Post by kaljo »

Yes it’s possible. In the system menu you can choose output routing mode:

“OUTPUT ROUTING MODE can be set to Stereo, meaning both Piano and sample synth will be routed to both outputs, or to Piano : L, Synth : R, which will route Piano to the Left and sample synth to the Right output, both being in mono. Default value is Stereo.” (From the manual)
Yamaha CLP 411, Yamaha S30, Nord Piano 3
SteveNordP3

Post by SteveNordP3 »

While you can split them left and right, unfortunately, you can’t define what portion of the keyboard gets the bass sample. It triggers on all 88 keys. I suppose you could address it partially through EQ (shelving everything above your favorite split point) but it’s a bit of a confusing implementation.
baekgaard
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by baekgaard »

SteveNordP3 wrote:While you can split them left and right, unfortunately, you can’t define what portion of the keyboard gets the bass sample. It triggers on all 88 keys. I suppose you could address it partially through EQ (shelving everything above your favorite split point) but it’s a bit of a confusing implementation.
Really? On the NP4, there is a split button, and it looks like the NP3 has a split function also that allows you to have the Synth sound (e.g.) below a certain split point, and the Piano above?
SteveNordP3

Post by SteveNordP3 »

Apologies - I thought you wanted to send a layered sound in 2 places - you specified split - you are correct that you can do that (just not layered). Stepping away from the iPhone now...
ADkeys
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 4

Post by ADkeys »

Thanks guys. Thats great news. I only want to split a bass and piano. No Layering. So thats all clear from kaljo. Much appreciated!