Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: L or Xl?

Postby Riddim17 » 14 Nov 2018, 21:29

I prefer and always use impérial piano, italian piano, bright piano in xl
There are my favorites !
Riddim17

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sponsor

Postby harmonizer » 15 Nov 2018, 15:31

Pianolin wrote:Personally for the most part I'm playing alone, and I only use acoustic pianos, I use the grand upright or Bambino occasionally, and the rest are grands......

I searched your posts, but could not find anything where you indicate whether you are using a single speaker for your amplification.

If you are running a single speaker, and you are playing alone, the Royal Grand is the bomb. Full bass, pretty highs, and does not go quirky in the octave immediately below middle C. (weirdness in the octave below middle C is a problem for several of the other Nord acoustic piano sounds, when run with a single speaker).
harmonizer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby Pianolin » 15 Nov 2018, 16:43

I'm running either alesis elevate 3 mkII stereo monitors, and for earphones I use Shure se215. The royal grand sounds great in both, except the second D above middle C has this sort of metallic kinda sound, not sure how to explain it. I'm using royal grand in XL.
Pianolin

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby dkernohan » 16 Nov 2018, 10:50

So - as I understand it the S, M, and L are identical apart from the string resonance. L has resonance across the whole keyboard range, M just has resonance in the middle octaves, and S not at all.

XL is a different multisample, with more individual notes sampled and resonance across the whole range.

You should think of there being two sample sizes (normal and XL) and with one of them you get a choice of string resonance.
dkernohan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby anotherscott » 16 Nov 2018, 16:58

dkernohan wrote:You should think of there being two sample sizes (normal and XL) and with one of them you get a choice of string resonance.

Yes, I think that's a good way to look at it. At least when it comes to acoustic pianos. The differentiating characteristics of the EPs does not seem as clear. (There are S, M, L, and XL EPs, but not of the same models.)
anotherscott

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum