General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

NS3 Synth Section Frequency knob - setting in Live-Mode

Postby chriskeys » 12 Nov 2018, 11:30

Hi Guys,

the NS2 frequency wheel with the LEDs was in "its position" when a program was called and it was possible to adjust fine.
With the NS3 the wheel is on "any" position, only the value is called with a program.

In live mode, when i am f.e. on high frequency and the knob is on low frequency - i turn the knob a little bit and it jumps immediately to that value.
Is there a possibility that the knob would react first when i am on the original programmed value?

:thanks:
Regards
Chris
my YouTube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/chriskeys :thumbup:
:keyboard2:
Nord Stage 3, Motif XS7, Roland JV-2080
Alesis Vortex wireless, iPad mini (MidiFire, Bandhelper), K&M Spider Pro
chriskeys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

NS3 Synth Section Frequency knob - setting in Live-Mode

Sponsor

Re: NS3 Synth Section Frequency knob - setting in Live-Mode

Postby baekgaard » 13 Nov 2018, 17:41

No, that is the way it works. As soon as you touch a button, the setting jumps to whatever value you're changing it to. You can use the "monitor" button to find out what the current value is and the adjust to a value nearby, and then release the monitor button and turn the knob -- but it's a work-around only feasible in some cases.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby be lee vit » 13 Nov 2018, 17:48

Hi! Not sure if this helps but you could set a morph on the mod wheel to the frequency knob. In that case the actual position of the wheel will reflect the frequency setting.
65 Wurlitzer 720B, 59-ish Hammond M3 & 50's Leslie 44W
be lee vit

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby kbmatson » 13 Nov 2018, 19:42

i wish certain knobs - including the filter knobs, were the "continuous" knobs like the program selection, and always started at the current setting - would eliminate that awful "jump" when you touch them.
kbmatson

Postby kbmatson » 13 Nov 2018, 19:45

also - another way to handle it would be like my ZOOM l-12 Livetrack - the sliders (knobs) would not have any effect until they were set back to or crossed the current setting.
kbmatson

Postby stringtapper » 13 Nov 2018, 23:38

kbmatson wrote:also - another way to handle it would be like my ZOOM l-12 Livetrack - the sliders (knobs) would not have any effect until they were set back to or crossed the current setting.

Yes, they really need a “pickup mode” for all of the knobs so you can avoid jumps like that. I like to be able to adjust a filter on a held pad and it doesn’t work without the jump unless you morph it to a pedal or the wheel.
Nord Stage 3 Compact 73//Korg SV-1 88//Radial Key Largo//Boss FS-7//Moog EP-3 x2//2016 MacBook Pro//MainStage 3//Omnisphere 2.6//Komplete 12
stringtapper

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby rtuckr » 16 Nov 2018, 16:51

stringtapper wrote:Yes, they really need a “pickup mode” for all of the knobs so you can avoid jumps like that. I like to be able to adjust a filter on a held pad and it doesn’t work without the jump unless you morph it to a pedal or the wheel.

Agreed. I suggested this a while back for the drawbars as well! Even though there is a "Live" mode, if you have presets it would be nice if you could tweak them without the jump.
rtuckr

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Stage Forum