Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Hammond XK-1 / Electro 6D

Postby NE6DAMX1 » 02 Nov 2018, 20:32

I had the 2 keyboards, mentioned above, next to each other today for some comparisons, now and in the future....
First off, I noticed the Hammond was brighter with more "bite", but I may be able to adjust the EQ on the Nord to match. The overdrive helps the Nord sound more aged.
On the Nord, the 1' drawbar sounds with the percussion on. The Hammond 1' drawbar DOES NOT sound with the percussion on.
The 2nd and 3rd harmonic BOTH sound together on the Hammond. Not possible on the Nord. I assume the Hammond is correct?
I'll post more differences in the future.
NE6DAMX1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Hammond XK-1 / Electro 6D

Sponsor

Re: Hammond XK-1 / Electro 6D

Postby CountFosco » 03 Nov 2018, 00:45

2 clarinets sound different. 2 snare drums sound different. 2 tibetan nose harps sound different. Honestly, correct?! Just pick an instrument and make music.
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby eibinger » 03 Nov 2018, 14:28

I own a xk-1, a sk-1/73 and a nord5d/73 and your perception is right! the nord sounds a little bit rought - this is a good item making music in a band-context. but I love my xk-1, which sounds very fat. I increase this effect with my neo I. the sk-1 makes a different Impression and I use is for different purpose ( GOSPEL-MUSIC), because there are very nice extra-Voices (in my opinion - please no shit-storm in this forum!) I would never sell my xk-1 - instead I made a 2nd manual with the Carpenter and bass-pedal. I think: Only Hammond sounds like Hammond!

AND "The Hammond 1' drawbar DOES NOT sound with the percussion on." is Right: This is correct for Hammond. And it is also correct, that the Hammond bass only can be tweaked with 16' and 8'. in this way, the NORD is wrong! Don't forget: Nord is only a HAMMOND-CLONE!
Enjoy!
Thomas
eibinger

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby analogika » 03 Nov 2018, 14:52

On a stock real Hammond, the 1’ drawbar is muted when percussion is switched on, as that contact is used to trigger the percussion.

It is not possible to have both 2nd AND 3rd percussion enabled on a stock Hammond.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum