Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Humidity and heat

Postby blacklodge » 23 Oct 2018, 10:42

Hello.

Does anyone have problems with high humidity and heat with NE5HP?
I think this can affect most of keyboards but just to see if it is a common problem.

We have a rehearsal room very hot during the summer, and humid. Sometimes it happens that the sounds of my E5HP vanish for some seconds and they come back after a moment. It never happens in the other seasons, only when it's hot and humid.

Is this normal?

Thanks
Gabriele
blacklodge

Humidity and heat

Sponsor

Re: Humidity and heat

Postby pterm » 25 Oct 2018, 17:12

In my opinion, this is not normal. It's not unusual for high temperature to cause electronics to misbehave, but the Nord ought to work in any environment you work in.
Are you certain the Nord has the problem and not something else in the amplification path?
If your board is still under warranty and you feel sure the problem is with your NE5 I recommend you consider getting it repaired.
pterm
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby DJKeys » 25 Oct 2018, 21:38

I once had my Stage 2 at an outdoor gig. It was hot and I covered the keys with my soft case. Apparently, it got too hot and none of the organ sounds would work properly. They would change spontaneously and do other unpredictable things.

When the temperature returned to normal, everything worked fine. So, I do think excessive heat can affect the instrument, and I know Nord tests them under both high heat and very cold conditions.

-dj
Last edited by DJKeys on 25 Oct 2018, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby pterm » 25 Oct 2018, 23:41

DJKeys wrote:I once had my Stage 2 at an outdoor gig. It was hot and I covered the keys with my soft case. Apparently, it got too hot and none of the organ sounds would work properly. They would change spontaneously and to other unpredictable things.

DJKeys raises a good point: If you haven't already done so, keep your Nord away from external sources of heat (e.g., amplifier stacks, direct sunlight, stage lighting, laptop on Nord). External sources of heat could raise the internal temperature of the Nord beyond its operating limits.

The Nord should operate at any ambient (the room's temperature) that you can operate in ASSUMING no external heat sources raise its temperature. If external heat sources existed in your case, the Nord is likely okay, but just too hot. Removing heat sources should eliminate the problem or a fan blowing on the Nord should help.

--Too bad (Northern Hemisphere) summer is over... we might have to wait a year to test these suggestions. :)
pterm
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum