Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Bullet Time Arpigiator from VST Nexus2 61 samples .nsmp

Postby Batdork » 08 Oct 2018, 14:49

Hello!

This is "Bullet Time" Arpegiator from VST Nexus2 Sampled in .nsmp.
I did my best to loop 61 samples so that the looping point isn't present or audible at all while the key is pressed down. I have also replaced the A#5 key with an electronic swirl effect which matches nicely just like in the audio file!
It sounds even better layered with piano and organ in fast rottary mode my opinion!

Bullet Time.nsmp
(15.99 MiB) Downloaded 232 times

Please let me know if any imperfections!
Cheers!
Attachments
Bullet Time.mp3
(867.42 KiB) Downloaded 3194 times

The author Batdork was thanked by:
Berretje
Batdork

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Bullet Time Arpigiator from VST Nexus2 61 samples .nsmp

Sponsor

Re: Bullet Time Arpigiator from VST Nexus2 61 samples .nsmp

Postby Ivan Jochner » 24 Oct 2018, 20:37

Hi,
Sounds very nice but is it for particular song named " Bullet time" ?
(Otherwise i dont know where i can use it in my performance)
Did not have a chance to load it in my nord but sounds good.
Last edited by Ivan Jochner on 24 Oct 2018, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Patchmaker
Nord Stage 3 Compact /Yamaha Motif XS 7
Yamaha MODX 7 / (past gear) Roland Integra

The author Ivan Jochner was thanked by:
pablomastodon
Ivan Jochner
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Batdork » 25 Oct 2018, 08:47

Hi!

It's not based on any song called "Bullet Time", It's just the name of the sound itself I sampled from the so called VST Nexus2!

Hope you enjoy it!
cheers!
Batdork

Postby MvanD » 25 Oct 2018, 11:03

I don't think you have to make 61 samples... The result is a very large nsmp.
If you do intervals of minor triads the quality is still ok and the file will be three times smaller.
MvanD
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby Batdork » 25 Oct 2018, 15:53

I first tried with 10 samples, just because it's an arpegiator sound that contains a beat, nord sample editor stretches the sound so bad in order for the sound to be sampled across all 61 keys that each key has it's own beat tempo. C4 for example is stretched and tuned up in order to produce the C#4 and D4 but sadly that causes them to have different beat tempo, so if played as a chord, each note will sound in a completely different beat, this is why I created 61 samples. To keep the same beat all across the keys.
Batdork

Postby MvanD » 25 Oct 2018, 16:04

Batdork wrote:I first tried with 10 samples, just because it's an arpegiator sound that contains a beat, nord sample editor stretches the sound so bad in order for the sound to be sampled across all 61 keys that each key has it's own beat tempo. C4 for example is stretched and tuned up in order to produce the C#4 and D4 but sadly that causes them to have different beat tempo, so if played as a chord, each note will sound in a completely different beat, this is why I created 61 samples. To keep the same beat all across the keys.

Aha, ok. That makes sense!

The author MvanD was thanked by:
Batdork
MvanD
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby maxpiano » 25 Oct 2018, 17:35

Batdork wrote:I first tried with 10 samples, just because it's an arpegiator sound that contains a beat, nord sample editor stretches the sound so bad in order for the sound to be sampled across all 61 keys that each key has it's own beat tempo. C4 for example is stretched and tuned up in order to produce the C#4 and D4 but sadly that causes them to have different beat tempo, so if played as a chord, each note will sound in a completely different beat, this is why I created 61 samples. To keep the same beat all across the keys.

Quite an effort, looping 61 samples, respect :thumbup: ; but this also means that it is not possible to alter that arpeggio's tempo (while I guess on the Nexus you can, correct?).
Sampling "rithmic patterns" in general has this limit.
Last edited by maxpiano on 25 Oct 2018, 18:27, edited 3 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
Batdork
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby pablomastodon » 25 Oct 2018, 17:54

not a hard limit, though...if the objective is, as it was here, to maintain that tempo and allow chords to be played where all tempos line up nicely, sampling every note is the way to go, but it is just as possible, for example, to drop different drum loops on intervals and be able to speed up or slow down tempos as desired, though admittedly limited by adjustments of +/- 1/12 of originally sampled tempo

and yes, looping all 61 samples so precisely was clearly a labor of love, major respect due for that

bless, pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by:
Batdork
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby maxpiano » 25 Oct 2018, 18:29

pablomastodon wrote:not a hard limit, though...if the objective is, as it was here, to maintain that tempo and allow chords to be played where all tempos line up nicely, sampling every note is the way to go, but it is just as possible, for example, to drop different drum loops on intervals and be able to speed up or slow down tempos as desired, though admittedly limited by adjustments of +/- 1/12 of originally sampled tempo

and yes, looping all 61 samples so precisely was clearly a labor of love, major respect due for that

bless, pablo

Well for drum loops I'd rather sample the same loop at different playback speeds (say in step of 5-10 Bpm) and assign each sample to a different key ;-)

Of course the same approach is not feasible, or at least not practical, for an arpeggiated sound where pitch matters, such as this case.

PS: my comment is not meant to decrease the value of the good job made by Batdork; it is just a consideration and in case anyone may come and ask "how can I alter the arpeggio tempo to sync with my drums"? ;-)
Last edited by maxpiano on 25 Oct 2018, 18:32, edited 3 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
Batdork
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby pablomastodon » 25 Oct 2018, 20:03

no arguments here, Max, just pointing out flexibility to go either which way with this, and you've just pointed out a third way

my drum loops have been lifted from live gig tapes of live drummer, so no real option for dialing in different BPMs in advance
but, yes, when using drum machine / sequencer for drum loops, your suggestion is definitely the way to go

I just find it fascinating that these things can be bent and twisted in so many different directions...

bless, pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Next

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)