General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Available memory

Postby Freerskier » 19 Oct 2018, 01:42

Hello Everyone in Nordania.

Quick question or 2 which I've guessed the answer to one already.
1) 480MB of sample memory, 2Gig for pianos. When shipped is there any available memory in any of the 2 slots or do all samples assiciated with their programs take up all of that memory. I don't think it mentions it in the manual. But I could be wrong. I'm a lazy bugger.
2) in sound manger can you restore back to the synth individual programs and associated samples. I guess I mean I loaded some groovy programs and samples to the synth, replacing other programs that I sacrificed etc. I then go, wow, what was that program that I lost it was cool. I want to restore just it with its parameters and associated base samples.

And lastly - did I say 2 questions. Damn.

2) Is there global/system memory item that shows available memory for both locations.

Cheers dears.
Freerskier

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Available memory

Sponsor

Re: Available memory

Postby maxpiano » 19 Oct 2018, 08:08

1) you can check that with the Nord Sound Manager, when you are on the Piano or Samples tab it shows the respective available memory in the status bar (bottom of the window)

2) yes, that's what a Bundle is for

2') not that I know, see (1)

I think you should spend some time and study a bit more how the Nord Sound Manager works, through its manual and tutorial videos. The NSM is key to manage your Nord Stage memory and programs.
Last edited by maxpiano on 19 Oct 2018, 08:11, edited 5 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby analogika » 19 Oct 2018, 10:06

Note also that the Stage 3 ships with a bunch of blank patches in the Upper range.

The piano section was almost full, IIRC, while the synth sample section had a couple dozen MB free.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby PScooter63 » 26 Oct 2018, 22:05

As maxpiano hinted, Sound Manager will show you the available memory per type on your instrument.
PScooter63

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby baekgaard » 26 Oct 2018, 22:33

CassieGriffin wrote:Yes, It is possible to increase the memory and for this, you can use physical memory if have a window 10 and 32-bit

The memory in the Nord cannot be extended, nor can you change the allocation between piano and sample memory.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby analogika » 26 Oct 2018, 23:32

baekgaard wrote:
CassieGriffin wrote:Yes, It is possible to increase the memory and for this, you can use physical memory if have a window 10 and 32-bit

The memory in the Nord cannot be extended, nor can you change the allocation between piano and sample memory.

It’s a Windows “support” scammer scouring the web for specific phrases and not bothering to check for appropriate content.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
baekgaard
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Return to Nord Stage Forum