Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Help with NLA1 Program

Postby marvintheandroid » 13 Oct 2018, 13:02

Hi Guys,
Trying to reproduce the ‘chopped up’ Organ patch created by Pete Towsend on Won’t Get Fooled Again.

I’m new to the Lead A1.

I know Pete Townsend used a Lowrey organ and fed the output Into an EMS Synth. I tried this out on a Roland Jupiter 50 using an organ wave then chopping it up using the LFO on a square wave setting and adjusting the LFO rate to suit. This gave a very choppy on off sound similar to the original. To this I added a bit of delay and reverb and it sounded pretty good.

I have tried a similar recipe on the NLA1 but it only sort of works. Instead of getting a clean on off from the LFO I got organ sound that alternated between an octave (High then low). Tried changing the second Oscilator configuration from pitch to a Square Wave but this gives me the desired chopped up Organ tone but adds a continuous organ tone an octave lower.

It’s probably something simple I’m not doing but I can’t seem to work it out.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Marvin

Nord Stage 3, Nord Electro 4D 61, Nord Electro 5D 73, Nord A1,Roland FA-08, Roland Jupiter 50, Roland fantom XR, Roland JV80, Apple Mainstage.
marvintheandroid

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Help with NLA1 Program

Sponsor

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum