Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Nord Lead A1 msb lsb configuration

Postby Vincent773 » 12 Oct 2018, 16:20

Hello

I try to select programs and performances on the NLa1 by using a Korg Krome. If I choose a track on the Krome it requires to fill msb and lsb. If I let msb and lsb = 0 I am able to select programs and performances up to C28 or 3.28 by changing the program number (from 0 to 127). But how to reach the C29/3.29 and upper ? I am unclear with cc0 and cc32 when I read the midi implementation.
Thanks in advance!
Vincent773

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Nord Lead A1 msb lsb configuration

Sponsor

Re: Nord Lead A1 msb lsb configuration

Postby Sylvia Nord » 08 Nov 2018, 15:22

You must select the bank before changing a patch. I think thats why this doesn´t work.
Sylvia Nord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Re: Nord Lead A1 msb lsb configuration

Postby marvintheandroid » 24 Nov 2018, 16:04

I am trying to do something similar with my newly acquired Lead A1. I use the iMIDIPatchBay app to select my programs on a 3 keyboard rig which I play live. In the App Programs are select using MSB, LSB, Program No. This works with my Nord Stage 3 and Electro 5D. I am trying to set the A1 up to replace a Roland Jupiter 50. The Jupiter works fine with the app. I know that it is not possible to use MIDI to switch between Program and Performance mode on the A1 so I was happy to just work with performance mode. When I switch from one song to another in the app the A1 display shows that the Performance No has changed but the actual sound doesn’t change. I’m presuming that the app is sending the Bank and Program Change messages together and this is why it’s not working? How can you send the Bank Select message first?
Marvin

Nord Stage 3, Nord Electro 4D 61, Nord Electro 5D 73, Nord A1,Roland FA-08, Roland Jupiter 50, Roland fantom XR, Roland JV80, Apple Mainstage.
marvintheandroid

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum