General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: List of Nord Stage 3 known issues/bugs

Postby tomgreenhalf » 04 Oct 2018, 20:24

Thanks Ivan, I actually managed to get a response from Clavia so I’ve tried downgrading. Still no luck. Do you happen to have an older version of the sound manager? That’s the only thing I can think to try.
tomgreenhalf

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby Ivan Jochner » 04 Oct 2018, 20:49

So sad so bad, if it does the same thing on replaced NS3 i am reckoning the problem lies in the computer or improperly installed drivers etc.

Give it a try with another laptop (older maybe?) I am running Win 10 with latest Editor (don`t have older versions cause i bought NS3 few months ago), so your direction will be a good looking for troubles with your comp.
Good luck!

Ivan
Last edited by Ivan Jochner on 04 Oct 2018, 20:52, edited 3 times in total.
Patchmaker
Nord Stage 3 Compact /Yamaha Motif XS 7
Yamaha MODX 7 / (past gear) Roland Integra
Ivan Jochner
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Ivan Jochner » 04 Oct 2018, 21:03

Just forgotten!

In order to download older versions ( whether IOS or Editor) just COPY URL on Download button on Clavia download page , paste it in browser panel and change the version you need.

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/defa ... 0v7.30.zip
Last edited by Ivan Jochner on 04 Oct 2018, 21:06, edited 3 times in total.
Patchmaker
Nord Stage 3 Compact /Yamaha Motif XS 7
Yamaha MODX 7 / (past gear) Roland Integra
Ivan Jochner
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby tomgreenhalf » 05 Oct 2018, 22:36

Thanks for your kind suggestions. I tried all of those and more. I even managed to format the nord and reinstall a fresh os but the problem persists. I am taking the second broken nord back to the shop tomorrow and will not be updating the third for a considerable amount of time - until I have been assured that whatever bug has been fixed!
tomgreenhalf

Postby cgrafx » 06 Oct 2018, 00:43

Hi Tom,

So sorry to hear of your problems. It is always frustrating to have issues like this arise and I feel your pain.

Since you have tried two different NS3 units and both are exhibiting the same problem, but nobody else is reporting this issue, its most likely that something is wrong with your particular chain of equipment rather than something inherently wrong with the NS3.

The keyboard was working until you updated the firmware. The common issue here is you updating the firmware.

It is of coarse possible that there is some failed batch of keyboards that ended up only at your reseller, but this is definitely not a general problem with the NS3, nor the experience of anybody else online here.

I'm going to politely suggest you check the other equipment in the update chain. Computer, USB cable, computer drivers, etc.

Nord is by no means a perfect company and there are plenty of still unresolved bugs that need attention, but I don't believe that the problem you are experiencing is one of them.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Mr_-G- » 06 Oct 2018, 10:30

Perhaps not related but just in case... did you turn off the memory protection?
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Arsenio » 11 Oct 2018, 10:05

My Stage 3 keyboard is unable to sync from an external midi beat clock coming from cubase via the usb port. I can see the midi clock signal coming into the keyboard but it does not automatically lock the metronome to that tempo.
Arsenio

Postby hoopyfrood » 12 Oct 2018, 12:37

I'm still struggling with the KB HOLD note priority bug (oldest unfixed bug in the list!!). It still seems to be present in 1.40, and nothing in the update history to suggest it's fixed in any later version. Was trying to play a song last night that keeps several notes in a drone on panel B while I play panel A, but by halfway through the song, it had dropped all but one of the held notes, which makes the KB HOLD function still unusable in any practical sense. Anyone else still having this problem?
Since the drone is a pad, I'm going to try the arpeggiator as a workaround. Come on Nord - we really need a fix for this!
hoopyfrood

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby abbess » 18 Oct 2018, 11:29

Hey guys, I receive my nord stage 3 88. The keyboard and the sounds are just perfect but there seems to be a bug. Sometimes, when I'm in live mode, the nord keep switching the programs very fast as I was turning the dial at a very high speed. The issue goes on even when I live the live mode, making mandatory to restart the keyboard. It happens already twice : once when I was setting a split and once when I was simply playing. Do you have any ideas on what it could be ? Thanks, best regards !
abbess

Postby analogika » 18 Oct 2018, 12:36

Do you have anything plugged into the "next/previous program" jack on the back of the keyboard?

I’m thinking maybe some dirt or something is stuck in there and closing the contact occasionally, switching through programs.

Perhaps plug and unplug that jack several times to clean it?
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum