Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Tom Misch "Crazy Dream"

Postby WannitBBBad » 28 Sep 2018, 04:32

A request from stefmazurier - I put this together for the keyboard part in Crazy Dream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpxBtSfiNg
I haven't had the opportunity to program a synth sound that "bends up" until now - the approach includes:
a) setting the MOD ENV ATTACK about 4 (it adjusts how quickly you want the sound to glide up to the final note).
b) setting the MOD ENV DECAY all the way up to hold the final note (otherwise it will glide back down to the beginning note or pitch)
b) setting OSC2 for the beginning note (set at 8 to glide up 4 semitones)
c) setting the Modulation MOD ENV to about 7 - it is adjusted as needed to reach the final note (must compare against another sound to make sure it's in tune).

The chords are played left of the split and the solo synth is right of the split. The Control Pedal is set to control the volume of the solo synth and the Mod Wheel set to increase the FREQ is a little more brightness is desired for both. Take care
TM Crazy Dream W.ns3f
Program for Tom Misch "Crazy Dream" with polyphonic voices split left, mono voice split right, with Mod Wheel covering filter FREQ, and Control Pedal covering volume for mono synth
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 500 times

Programs, MP3 examples, and links to many others
nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/for-those-new-to-programming-t15748.html
Attachments
MP3 of Program TM Crazy Dream W.mp3
MP3 example of the program "TM Crazy Dream W"
(539.95 KiB) Downloaded 7172 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 21 Dec 2018, 17:46, edited 6 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 2 members, including:
SlideAlaskanulu
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Tom Misch "Crazy Dream"

Sponsor

Re: Tom Misch "Crazy Dream"

Postby stefmazurier » 28 Sep 2018, 22:34

Super, je comprends de mieux en mieux la partie Synthèse du NS3 grâce à toi, le son est vraiment ressemblant, merci pour ton aide, BRAVO !!!
N'hésite pas à poster d'autres manipulations pour les sons. On apprend tous les jours !!
Si tu as envie de trouver un autre son et de l'offrir à nous tous, je te propose le son Lead
que j'adore du solo de Cory Henry sur son KING KORG à 18 secondes :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCwSqqOdFM0
Merci pour ton aide et tes compétences.
A bientôt

Super, I understand better and better part Synthesis NS3 thanks to you, the sound is really like, thank you for your help, BRAVO!
Do not hesitate to post other manipulations for sounds. We learn every day !!
If you want to find another sound and offer it to us all, I offer you the sound Lead
I love Cory Henry's solo on his KING KORG at 18 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCwSqqOdFM0
Thank you for your help and your skills.
See you soon
:keyboard2:

The author stefmazurier was thanked by:
FZiegler
stefmazurier

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby SajaPro » 23 Mar 2021, 15:26

Sry, do you have maybe nsmp format for that song, i want to performe with my band. Im using nord electro 6
SajaPro

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 26 Mar 2021, 01:56

SajaPro wrote:Sry, do you have maybe nsmp format for that song, i want to performe with my band. Im using nord electro 6

Hello, below is a NSMP file made by sampling each of the notes from my program. As the file is very big, I've also attached the two WAV files I used for Synth A and Synth B so you can make your own NSMP if you want it smaller. My file is large because I used samples for all notes across 2 octaves on the lower section and only skipped every other note on the upper section. With sounds that have have a timed aspect to them, like the slide pitch change for Synth A, you pretty much want each note to have the same characteristic, so that means more actual samples used, whereas for sounds like the one used for Synth B, you can skip more notes with interpolation working pretty well. Other ways to make the NSMP file smaller is only use the samples for the notes you will actually play in the song and let the rest be interpolated, and you can cut the file size in half by converting it to a mono (rather than stereo) file. I hope this helps. Take care.
Attachments
TM Crazy Dream W.nsmp
NSMP file for TM Crazy Dream
(7.75 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
TM Crazy Dream Synth1.wav
SynthA WAV for making a NSMP Sample
(40.74 MiB) Downloaded 211 times
TM Crazy Dream Synth2.wav
SynthB WAV for making a NSMP Sample
(7.62 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 26 Mar 2021, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
alexmarinojR
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby mejazzz » 28 Oct 2022, 22:54

Great sounds man, thanks so much for sharing !!
mejazzz

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)