Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

A little midi help, please.

Postby mayyammay » 23 Sep 2018, 21:21

Hi All -

I am relatively new to midi and can't figure out what's happening with my drum set up. I using a Cirklon (midi output 4) to sequence a TR909, Nord Drum 2 and a Bolsa Bass and I am using a midi thru box. Each drum machine is set to receive a different channel. Bolsa Bass is set to channel 1, 909 on channel 2 and Nord Drum on global channel 3. The settings in my Cirklon match. For some reason the Nord Drum is receiving the midi assigned to the Bolsa Bass and I can't figure out why! Any suggestions?

Do I need to assign different note assignments for the Nord?? Or something else?

Any help is much appreciated!
mayyammay

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

A little midi help, please.

Sponsor

Re: A little midi help, please.

Postby wartaler » 24 Sep 2018, 00:39

Hi mayyammay!
Make sure that the Individual MIDI channels of all 6 channels of the ND2 are switched off [Ch.OF],
-If that was already the case, the ND2 should only respond to notes sent on MIDI channel 3 (/the global MIDI channel), and I would check the Cirklon MIDI settings, maybe some setting allows MIDI notes from the bass track ending up on MIDI channel 3. If you can't find anything in the Cirklon settings, check with a MIDI monitor app or software* what MIDI messages are coming out of the Cirklon and the thru box.
Albert

*You'll need a MIDI interface for this, there are free apps available for iOS and Windows, and I think Mac as well.
Last edited by wartaler on 24 Sep 2018, 13:01, edited 4 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Re: A little midi help, please.

Postby mayyammay » 24 Sep 2018, 18:08

Thank you, Ch.OF was it!

In hindsight I should have known, but thought the GC would cancel out the channel settings.

Thanks so much for your help.
mayyammay

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum