General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Dual Keyboard Mode will ONLY Sound the Organs

Postby adgbusiness » 20 Sep 2018, 17:46

I'm using dual keyboard mode and some strange things are happening. The only time my external board will trigger a sound in dual KB is if an organ is set in slot B. It absolutely will not trigger a piano even if a piano is on in Slot B. BUT, when a piano is in Slot B and the slot is activated, you can play the piano on the NS3.So in a nutshell, only organs can be triggered using dual kb. I'm not new to Nord keyboards, and have tried every possible setting I can think of.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Andy
adgbusiness

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Dual Keyboard Mode will ONLY Sound the Organs

Sponsor

Re: Dual Keyboard Mode will ONLY Sound the Organs

Postby baekgaard » 20 Sep 2018, 18:13

You're running it in Dual KB mode (as you say), and you will need to select which of the 3 engines you want to sound from the external keyboard.

The manual tells you this (page 29): By default Dual KB will be set to Organ, meaning that a connected MIDI keyboard sending on the Dual KB channel will control the Panel B organ section. To change this to Piano or Synth, press down on DUAL KB (Shift + Panel B) and select Piano or Synth using the dial.

You can also use Panel mode (if you want to play all active engines on Panel A or B from the external). Or Global mode, of course, if you want the external board to play the same as the internal keys.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Dual Keyboard Mode will ONLY Sound the Organs

Postby adgbusiness » 21 Sep 2018, 14:29

Hey, thanks! I have read that manual X times...I don't know how I missed that. Imagine that...works just like the manual says!
adgbusiness

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum