General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: List of Nord Stage 3 known issues/bugs

Postby jpgour » 23 Aug 2018, 04:15

I'm having a problem with the delay effect section not sync-ing to the master clock. Can any one replicate or confirm this?

Specifically, if I set the delay tempo to master clock sync, the delay will sync to 120 BMP, regardless of the master clock tempo.

Thanks
jpgour

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby wvgool » 23 Aug 2018, 13:47

I have another issue with v1.42 regarding the external zones.

If I switch from panel A to B using external zones on different channels and with a pressed sustain pedal(cc64), the pedal release value is now only transmitted on the new channel instead of the old and the new (as in v1.40).

This results in hanging notes on my external equipment when switching between zones while playing.

After downgrade to v1.40 the problem dissappears and both channels receive the cc64-#00 (pedal release).

Anyone having the same problem?
wvgool

Postby Frantz » 23 Aug 2018, 17:58

Hello,
This looks like a nailed issue that you may send to http://www.nordkeyboards.com/support.
Btw, v 1.44 is out, for you to try ;)
F.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
Frantz
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby wvgool » 24 Aug 2018, 08:59

Hi,

Just tried v1.44 and it seems this issue still occurs.
I also raised a ticket at support, I hope they'll fix this soon.

In the mean time I would advise to stay on 1.40 for those that use the external parts on different midi channels.

The author wvgool was thanked by:
brane
wvgool

Postby Loverslane » 26 Aug 2018, 14:18

Anybody knows if v1.46 is reliable ?
Many thnx
Loverslane

Postby analogika » 26 Aug 2018, 17:45

I’m waiting until the issue with synth polyphony is fixed.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
brane
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 08 Sep 2018, 17:25

A few issues with the synth section, but can't say if associated with v1.46. When I changed quickly between programs (turning the dial quickly), the synth wouldn't play any notes no matter what changes I made to the synth section. When I turned slowly to the next program and then back, the synth was fine. I was able to recreate it a couple times. I turned off the Nord 3 and back on, no problems after that. Today I was working on a program that had MONO turned on - I saved it to an empty program slot, then changed the synth from the classic sawtooth to a sample and didn't get a sound. It got a sound on Classic, Wave, and Formant, but nothing on Super or Samp. I turned MONO off and Super and Samp worked, then worked also when MONO was turned back on.

NEW: Scenario, you save a sample in Slot B Synth, but if you go to edit it and step back through the OSC1 options of Classic, Wave, Formant, Super, and then back to SAMP, the Sample saved for Slot A comes up, not the Sample saved for Slot B. This is true even if you end up not using a sample for Slot A.
STEPS TO RECREATE:
a) For Slot A Synth - step through the OSC1 options of Classic, Wave, Formant, Super, to get to Samp. Select any sample (Sample 75 for this example) and then move back to Classic to select any waveform.
b) For Slot B Synth - step through the OSC1 options of Classic, Wave, Formant, Super, to get to Samp. Select a different sample (Sample 85 for this example).
c) At this point the program is using a Classic waveform for Slot A and Sample 85 for Slot B. Save the program.
d) Turn off the NS3 and then back on.
e) Go to the program saved and select Slot B - the Synth should show Sample 85 in this example.
f) Step through the OSC1 options of Classic, Wave, Formant, Super, to get back to Samp.
g) Sample 75 (selected but not used for Slot A) shows as the sample, not the sample saved with Slot B.
The problem is the same no matter if the program is saved with Slot A lit, Slot B lit, or combined.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 15 Sep 2018, 22:12, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
brane
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby brane » 18 Sep 2018, 08:43

WannitBBBad wrote:A few issues with the synth section, but can't say if associated with v1.46. When I changed quickly between programs (turning the dial quickly), the synth wouldn't play any notes no matter what changes I made to the synth section.
I turned off the Nord 3 and back on, no problems after that.

Similar problems here - i'm on v1.40 ...
... after that NS3 wouldn't play any notes at any program (not only synth ...).
I turned off the Nord 3 and back on, no problems after that.
Happend once (yesterday) ... hmm?
:wtf:
brane

Postby tomgreenhalf » 04 Oct 2018, 17:27

Nord Stage 3 v1.46 Piano sounds lost

I have just returned from from the shop with a brand new Nord Stage 3 as a loan replacement of my faulty one.

Unfortunately having plugged it in to my laptop to update to the newest OS 1.46, it has done the exact same thing and removed all piano sounds. It is now unable to reload them, or to perform a factory restore. The error message states - download failed: CReqCreateFile failed: FFSFailedToWriteFile (26)

Having presumed that this was an issue with the memory bank on my old Nord, I am now wondering if it is an issue with OS 1.42 on my old Nord through to 1.46 or the sound manager v7.32. I have tried on both Windows and Mac machines to no avail.

Does anyone have a copy of OS 1.40 or that they can share in order to rescue my Piano?

Thanks in advance! Tom
tomgreenhalf

Postby Ivan Jochner » 04 Oct 2018, 19:22

Hi, here is 1.40 for you,

Update_Nord_Stage_3_OS_v1.40.zip
(3.61 MiB) Downloaded 115 times
Patchmaker
Nord Stage 3 Compact /Yamaha Motif XS 7
Yamaha MODX 7 / (past gear) Roland Integra
Ivan Jochner