General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Loading pianos and programs into NE2 EX

Postby Schorsch » 09 Sep 2018, 11:28

Hello,

I am re-structuring the piano sounds on my NS2EX and have therefore wiped it completely and after that a couple of piano sounds already loaded into it. Apart of Grands and Uprights I have a number of Epianos which I want to use. I loaded 10 EPiano1 and 15 EPiano2, and want to add another one. Sound manager wants to load this into the EPiano2 bank (I assume this is because the sound is calssified as EPiano2?), but since the bank already contains 15 sounds there is no location available anymore. Have 107MB free memory available which is more than sufficient for the one I want to load (it's around 10MB only).

How can I load this sound into the EPiano1 bank instead of bank EPiano2?

Another question: I want to use some of the organ programs which have been provided in the factory set. Is there a way to load individual programs of the factory set only via Sound Manager or how what do I have to do to achieve this without loading the full factory set first and then save all needed programs individually?

Thanks for your help :-)
Last edited by Schorsch on 09 Sep 2018, 12:43, edited 3 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Loading pianos and programs into NE2 EX

Sponsor

Re: Loading pianos and programs into NE2 EX

Postby Mr_-G- » 09 Sep 2018, 12:14

About your fiirst question, I do no think you can add more than the current capacity of the bank. Most likey this is related to the addressing of samples in the program structure than a memory limit. You can always delete some piano that is not essential.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Schorsch » 09 Sep 2018, 12:42

Hi Mr_-G-,

thanks for the swift reply. Yes I know that the capacity of one bank cannot be extended. My EPiano2 bank is full, but my EPiano1 bank still has 5 free slots that’s why I want to load a EPiano2 sound into the EPiano1 bank. I don’t know if ansound which has been classified as EPiano2 can be “re-classified” to EPiano1 or be loaded into th other bank in another way.
Regards Schorsch

Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Schorsch
Donator

Postby ajstan » 09 Sep 2018, 14:12

Hervshahn wrote:Another question: I want to use some of the organ programs which have been provided in the factory set. Is there a way to load individual programs of the factory set only via Sound Manager or how what do I have to do to achieve this without loading the full factory set first and then save all needed programs individually?

Yes, if you download the program banks from this page, you can select and load individual programs via Sound Manager:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libr ... ory-sounds
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Postby Mr_-G- » 09 Sep 2018, 16:28

I do not think you can assign the bank they go into, otherwise it would be in the manual.
If you feel experimental, maybe you can try hacking the npno file with an hex-editor and see if you can identify a bank assignment code. I would not be surprised if there is a checksum to detect corrupted files, so it might not be possible even if you knew how to assign to a different bank.
Really are all those 15 pianos irreplaceable?
Last edited by Mr_-G- on 09 Sep 2018, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Schorsch » 09 Sep 2018, 16:45

No not irreplaceable in general, I was just thinking how to keep them as long as there is space available in the other EPiano bank. Would be a helpful option in Sound Manager if samples could be loaded and classified by choice
Last edited by Schorsch on 09 Sep 2018, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Schorsch
Donator

Postby Rusty Mike » 09 Sep 2018, 17:49

If you hit the wall on the number of EPiano2 samples you have loaded, you will need to make some choices about what you want to keep and what you want to drop. The only way around this is to possibly sample the sound using the Sample Editor and loading that sample into the synth memory. You will give up any velocity dynamics in the process however.

With regard to the organ programs, I believe you can archive a group of programs that you can reload into your Stage at a later time. I have not done this, but I'm pretty sure it's possible through the Nord Sound Manager.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Schorsch » 09 Sep 2018, 18:30

Thanks guys for your help!

Seems as if there is no chance to re-lable a sample from for example EPiano2 to Epiano1 - would be helpful though if that would be possible, hope that Nord will have this implemented in future versions of Sound Manager sinc eit would make it a bit more flexible to load and organize samples in the Piano section

Re. organs I have archived all of them from teh factory set and re-loaded them into the new one I am creating
Regards Schorsch

Schorsch
Donator

Return to Nord Stage Forum