All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby cphollis » 31 Mar 2018, 00:50

afroskully wrote:Hey K8.2 owners... I've had my pair of 8.2s for about 9 months now and I've been so damn happy with them. But... i set them up at home last week and using a nice living room-level volume, I noticed an annoying rattle in one of the speakers with a low-mid frequency organ growl that isn't apparent on stage. I know it's all still under warranty and I'm planning on dropping it off at a local authorized service provider soon... just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

The two times I've heard a rattle, it's turned out to be a speaker pole component or similar. Those little units put out a lot of watts. Make absolutely sure it's your speakers and nothing else.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Sponsor

Postby Johannes » 10 Apr 2018, 08:14

Frantz wrote:
For home use, it's still possible to open ( a few screws to unscrew ) and disconnect the fan, it's not soldered, there is a connector, a 'plug'.
It's not getting hot while I don't really push the volume at home.

Hi frantz,
Can u you share or post a pic which screws to unscrew to open the k8 amd turn off the fan for home use? Of course also dont push volumes at home, so should be fine. How long have you been playing like this?

Thanks, Cheers Johannes

Inviato dal mio Xperia Z3C utilizzando Tapatalk
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby jimQSCUser » 19 Apr 2018, 18:49

afroskully wrote:Hey K8.2 owners... I've had my pair of 8.2s for about 9 months now and I've been so damn happy with them. But... i set them up at home last week and using a nice living room-level volume, I noticed an annoying rattle in one of the speakers with a low-mid frequency organ growl that isn't apparent on stage. I know it's all still under warranty and I'm planning on dropping it off at a local authorized service provider soon... just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

I noticed a rattle last night while using my K8.2 in the basement. I found that the mic cable release tab on the speaker was the culprit. The release tabs are spring loaded but plugging in the XLR cable makes the tab loose. I ended up putting a small piece of self-stick velcro on the tab to create pressure between the tab and XLR cable. Cheesy but it is solved for now.
jimQSCUser

Postby cphollis » 01 Sep 2018, 04:02

Just checking in with all the K8.2 owners. Are you still happy? Does this work for you?

Reason: I'm still recommending these units to other keys players, just want to make sure it still floats your boat?
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby That1Guy » 04 Sep 2018, 02:06

Just bought one. Amazing little big fella.
That1Guy

Postby afroskully » 06 Sep 2018, 14:57

Absolutely love them. That low volume distortion I asked y'all about never went away, so I brought it into my local QSC auth repair shop and a new amplifier is on it's way. I had to gig with just one speaker last week, and although I missed the stereo spread, I forgot how powerful just one of these little beauties are.
afroskully

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Schorsch » 04 Mar 2019, 13:34

Hi guys,

I’m looking to buy two K8.2 and two subs as a basic PA for my band to cover small to medium sized gigs (max. 500 people) without having to rent something else since these are the majority of our gigs. I found different types of subs from QSC like the KSub 2x, KS112, KW181 and KS212C and wonder which one is recommended in combination with the K8.2 and also in light of the best price/performance ratio. We have two singers, guitar, bass, keyboards and drums (miked).

Do you have any suggestions?
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby danrv » 04 Mar 2019, 16:56

Hervshahn wrote:Hi guys,

I’m looking to buy two K8.2 and two subs as a basic PA for my band to cover small to medium sized gigs (max. 500 people) without having to rent something else since these are the majority of our gigs. I found different types of subs from QSC like the KSub 2x, KS112, KW181 and KS212C and wonder which one is recommended in combination with the K8.2 and also in light of the best price/performance ratio. We have two singers, guitar, bass, keyboards and drums (miked).

Hi
I was in a similar situation a few years back although I was upgrading from a Mackie system.
A pair of KSubs would go very well with the of K8.2s or K10.2s.
Easy transport with the wheels.
With my RCF PA, I went for 12” tops so for small gigs we can do without the subs.

I did consider a KW181/K12 system to handle large gigs with ease. The KW181 is probably the most compact 18” you”ll find.
With the K8.2s, a sub would be needed on most gigs if the band goes through the PA.
The KS112 is a single 2000w 12” where the KSub has 2 12” speakers and is 1000w.
128db max SPL vs 130db max SPL. Not a lot in it but I would have thought a pair of KSubs or a KW181 would fair better for a full band.
For best price/performance, Yamaha DXR/DXS series is hard to beat.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by danrv on 05 Mar 2019, 16:04, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Korg Triton Extreme 61, Roland XP80, Yamaha P140, Yamaha PSR2000 , 2 x Yamaha DXR10, Roland KC150, Toa D3 line mixer, Quiklok 2 tier X stand.

The author danrv was thanked by:
Schorsch
danrv

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby thecount » 05 Mar 2019, 17:38

Hervshahn wrote:Hi guys,

I read a lot about using a FBT Vertus Cla 208sa Sub with the original K8, maybe you should give it a try.
Last edited by thecount on 05 Mar 2019, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

The author thecount was thanked by:
Schorsch
thecount

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Schorsch » 05 Mar 2019, 20:41

thecount wrote:I read a lot about using a FBT Vertus Cla 208sa Sub with the original K8, maybe you should give it a try.

Hmm the Vertus CLA 28 SA is equipped with two 8” speakers, I’m not sure if these will provide the required bass foundation for my band in combination with the K8.2 which also have 8” speakers?
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

PreviousNext

Return to Accessories and Amplification