General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: OS Update v1.44 for NS3 available!

Postby baekgaard » 26 Aug 2018, 00:14

Murphy wrote:
analogika wrote:If I were using a second keyboard to play the organ, I'd find it extremely annoying if the pedal I was using to morph between synth sounds also controlled the volume of the organ.

Same here.

Me 3rd (or 4th, I guess, following @Murphy, @analogika and @Hervshahn). I think the way it works now is how it should work.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby Regor » 26 Aug 2018, 10:27

Ok ... just to say .... on the NS EX you have the opportunity to use DUAL KB in both ways, as you like it and as I would like it, by the NS 3 I have my options not.
Regor

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage EX

Postby Quai34 » 26 Aug 2018, 10:38

Hervshahn wrote:I’m usually playing two, sometimes 3 different keyboards on stage and never share pedals, I want to have dedicated pedals for each of them. The flip side is that the floor under my keyboard stand looks like a guitarist’s huge pedal board :roll:

Same for me:
One switch for Leslie speed, one sustain for D50, one control pedal for morph/volume, Nord triple pedal, Organ Swell, another sustain (both sustain pedals work for D50 and NL2X visa a DIY box...Pne on left foot, one on right foot), one Expression pedal for NL2X.... All under my Stage 2....
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby MartinJ2EX » 26 Aug 2018, 12:59

Yeah another debate about the lack of MIDI capabilities vs Stage 2... I’m in :lol:

I see Nord’s point... Dual KB is based on the understanding that you use a full-fledged MIDI Controller or another Nord Stage or any Keyboard that has at least a mod wheel or another Morph source..
For this understanding it would be best to use the controls on that particular keyboard to morph and control the things you’re playing on that keyboard right now... Imagine having two keyboards next to each other, you won’t reach your Stage’s mod wheel or pedals...

But for the other guys here like me when we use a MIDI controller that has only the ability to send notes this really sucks...
(I even have the Sustain pedal input covered with the chstom chassis on my D3m.....)
Nord could give us more options ... to make that awesome keyboard even more awesome :keyboard:
Last edited by MartinJ2EX on 27 Aug 2018, 23:11, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 4 88 | Stage 2 EX 88
Numa Organ 2 | DX7 IIFD | JX-08
SL 61mk3 | opsix | UB-Xa

Live Musician since 2010
> My Website <

Sugar Sharks | Hertha Band
MartinJ2EX
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby Regor » 26 Aug 2018, 14:11

I agree..... as I said, NS EX had this option and that's why I do not understand that.
Nice day all
Regor

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage EX

Postby anotherscott » 26 Aug 2018, 16:25

Regor wrote:Ok ... just to say .... on the NS EX you have the opportunity to use DUAL KB in both ways, as you like it and as I would like it, by the NS 3 I have my options not.

Are you sure? I just checked the NS EX manual, I did not see any way to switch the DUAL KB function between the two ways of working that you describe (i.e. whether pedals connected to the Nord DO or DO NOT affect what you're playing from the second keyboard). Did I miss something?
anotherscott

Postby analogika » 26 Aug 2018, 17:40

I can well understand the frustration.

In my mind, the reason the Nord Stage series (and the others) is such a successful product line is because Clavia very consciously limits their capabilities in very specific ways to avoid overly complex operation. Everything is pretty straightforward, and there are going to be very, very few “huh? What’s going on here” moments that can really stress you especially under pressure of rehearsals and live settings.

The price of that is not being all things to all people, and some decisions are going to be unpopular — and maybe even the wrong decision.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum