Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Re: Dexibel Keyboards Anyone?

Postby maxpiano » 20 Aug 2018, 23:53

kirsty wrote:I did try and have a nosey at this but their site requires you to register, providing a product serial number before you sign up so I didnt get that far.

You don’t need a serial to register (I did that) ;)
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby kirsty » 21 Aug 2018, 01:45

You did at one point. Maybe they have changed it ?

I might go and have a nosey :D

Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha C6 Grand

Gone but not forgotten
Young Chang G157 | Nord Electro 5HP | Nord Stage 3 HA88 | Roland RD-64 | Nord Stage 2 EX 76 | Yamaha CP4 | Nord Piano 2HP | Kurzweil Artis | Kurzweil SP4-8 | Roland HP507
kirsty

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby PScooter63 » 21 Aug 2018, 05:21

I’ve NO desire to migrate from my Nord. Having said that, I hope Clavia is checking these guys out.

The one thing that Dexibell’s S9 has that’s remotely intriguing to me is the motorized drawbars. I would LOVE Nord physical drawbars that slide to their positions when you pull up an organ program. (I wonder if durability might be an issue, though.)
PScooter63

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby CountFosco » 21 Aug 2018, 13:40

PScooter63 wrote:I’ve NO desire to migrate from my Nord. Having said that, I hope Clavia is checking these guys out.

The one thing that Dexibell’s S9 has that’s remotely intriguing to me is the motorized drawbars. I would LOVE Nord physical drawbars that slide to their positions when you pull up an organ program. (I wonder if durability might be an issue, though.)

It does seem pretty neat, but I'd also be worried about the durability of that arrangement. I wonder how they clutch it, to protect against users manually fighting the drive - does anyone know? The digital drawbars on some Nords (but I haven't used those before) seems like a more robust way to deal with presets, with the compromise that they don't feel like real drawbars. But I learned to get by with the physical ones not matching a preset on my E5D. On songs where I manipulate drawbars, I normally push them all to zero, then select the preset, then at least I have a starting point.
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby Mr_-G- » 21 Aug 2018, 14:17

I have not played one yet, but according to the videos, the S9 looks and sounds good. The only thing they did not get right is the price. Same as PScooter63, I also wonder how long the motorised pots last.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby jefsco » 21 Aug 2018, 14:34

Mr_-G- wrote:I have not played one yet, but according to the videos, the S9 looks and sounds good. The only thing they did not get right is the price.

$3,999 in the usa is pretty steep.
it’s almost like they think they are nord or something. ;)
jeff
jefsco

Postby MathewCox » 13 Nov 2018, 03:08

Yea the S9 is nice, but the features on the Nord kill just about everything out there. The clarity and richness of the synths that are programmed in the nord are second to none! I guess in also depends on what Genre you are playing. Im into alot of Fusion and Gospel stuff so maybe Im partial lol!! The Nord Rocks!!

Matt
Piano Tuning DC
MathewCox

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Postby DimitrisPl » 14 Nov 2018, 15:02

Dexibell's leslie effect is so unacceptable and wrong on fast mode.... :O :O :O
DimitrisPl

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby Pianolin » 14 Nov 2018, 18:40

Prior to getting my NE5 I was considering the dexibell S7. I tried it out in guitar center and really wasn't blown away, and as Kirsty mentioned, each sample sounded like a tweaked version of the main vivo Grand. I haven't actually tried the Platinum sounds, but I did hear demos and they sound maybe slightly better to my ears, nothing really comparable to Nord. To me Nord brings out the uniqueness of each sample in it's character, as opposed to dexibell and perhaps other manufacturers where the sample sounds too even and too flat or perfect without the character of the specific sampled piano. Just my personal take.

The author Pianolin was thanked by:
kirsty
Pianolin

Previous

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum