Dexibel Keyboards Anyone?

Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Dexibel Keyboards Anyone?

Post by maxpiano »

kirsty wrote:I did try and have a nosey at this but their site requires you to register, providing a product serial number before you sign up so I didnt get that far.
You don’t need a serial to register (I did that) ;)
kirsty
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by kirsty »

You did at one point. Maybe they have changed it ?

I might go and have a nosey :D

Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha C6 Grand

Gone but not forgotten
Young Chang G157 | Nord Electro 5HP | Nord Stage 3 HA88 | Roland RD-64 | Nord Stage 2 EX 76 | Yamaha CP4 | Nord Piano 2HP | Kurzweil Artis | Kurzweil SP4-8 | Roland HP507
PScooter63
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Post by PScooter63 »

I’ve NO desire to migrate from my Nord. Having said that, I hope Clavia is checking these guys out.

The one thing that Dexibell’s S9 has that’s remotely intriguing to me is the motorized drawbars. I would LOVE Nord physical drawbars that slide to their positions when you pull up an organ program. (I wonder if durability might be an issue, though.)
CountFosco
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Post by CountFosco »

PScooter63 wrote:I’ve NO desire to migrate from my Nord. Having said that, I hope Clavia is checking these guys out.

The one thing that Dexibell’s S9 has that’s remotely intriguing to me is the motorized drawbars. I would LOVE Nord physical drawbars that slide to their positions when you pull up an organ program. (I wonder if durability might be an issue, though.)
It does seem pretty neat, but I'd also be worried about the durability of that arrangement. I wonder how they clutch it, to protect against users manually fighting the drive - does anyone know? The digital drawbars on some Nords (but I haven't used those before) seems like a more robust way to deal with presets, with the compromise that they don't feel like real drawbars. But I learned to get by with the physical ones not matching a preset on my E5D. On songs where I manipulate drawbars, I normally push them all to zero, then select the preset, then at least I have a starting point.
Mr_-G-
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Post by Mr_-G- »

I have not played one yet, but according to the videos, the S9 looks and sounds good. The only thing they did not get right is the price. Same as PScooter63, I also wonder how long the motorised pots last.
jefsco

Post by jefsco »

Mr_-G- wrote:I have not played one yet, but according to the videos, the S9 looks and sounds good. The only thing they did not get right is the price.
$3,999 in the usa is pretty steep.
it’s almost like they think they are nord or something. ;)
jeff
MathewCox
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Post by MathewCox »

Yea the S9 is nice, but the features on the Nord kill just about everything out there. The clarity and richness of the synths that are programmed in the nord are second to none! I guess in also depends on what Genre you are playing. Im into alot of Fusion and Gospel stuff so maybe Im partial lol!! The Nord Rocks!!

Matt
Piano Tuning DC
DimitrisPl
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Post by DimitrisPl »

Dexibell's leslie effect is so unacceptable and wrong on fast mode.... :O :O :O
Pianolin

Post by Pianolin »

Prior to getting my NE5 I was considering the dexibell S7. I tried it out in guitar center and really wasn't blown away, and as Kirsty mentioned, each sample sounded like a tweaked version of the main vivo Grand. I haven't actually tried the Platinum sounds, but I did hear demos and they sound maybe slightly better to my ears, nothing really comparable to Nord. To me Nord brings out the uniqueness of each sample in it's character, as opposed to dexibell and perhaps other manufacturers where the sample sounds too even and too flat or perfect without the character of the specific sampled piano. Just my personal take.
These users thanked the author Pianolin for the post:
kirsty