Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

NE 6 dual organ question

Postby Rob Millis » 18 Aug 2018, 17:43

As the tumbleweed comes down the road and the hind howls on waiting for news from Nord on what will replace the C2D, I am intrigued by the dual organ function on the NE 6. But I'm a straight from tonewheel Hammond to NE 4D/C2D guy and midi/splits/layers are not my forte, so I seek advice.

Does the dual organ function allow for selecting between the two drawbar sets on the same manual - ie like going between the Bb and B preset keys on a B3, or of course drawbar sets A & B on a given manual of the C2D?

What I'd like to do is get an NE 6 and connect a second keyboard to it, with the idea of playing Wurlitzer piano on the connected keyboard and still have two drawbar settings on the main keyboard that I can easily toggle between. Is that possible or is the dual organ mode strictly for toggling between the settings of upper and lower manuals when using only organ sounds from the E6? Any help much appreciated.
Twickenham's wayward son.
Rob Millis
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

NE 6 dual organ question

Sponsor

Re: NE 6 dual organ question

Postby maxpiano » 18 Aug 2018, 19:31

What you are looking for (having two drawbars settings at hand) has nothing to do with the Dual Organ mode but it has with the Preset function of the Organ section, see NE6 manual http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/defa ... pdf#page13
Last edited by maxpiano on 19 Aug 2018, 17:53, edited 3 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
Rob Millis
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum