General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Ns3. New os When ??

Postby macco00 » 16 Aug 2018, 14:46

Ok but where is “pending load” in new os?
There isn’t similar function on nord stage 3?
Please Nord can you make something
macco00

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby arecio » 24 Aug 2018, 11:45

macco00 wrote:I would have dual kb work’s like ns2.

I absolutely agree. I have both NS3 & NS2 and I can't use the 3 live because of this. For me it's been one step back.
I think most of the people don't complain because they don't use many different sounds at the same time, or
maybe they don't realize how powerful the Dual Keyb can be. For me it's essential playing live, beig able to
play and tweak the sounds while you're playing.
Nord artist from Spain - Playing with Electro, NS3, Nord Modular G2.
arecio

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular

Postby macco00 » 24 Aug 2018, 11:55

PENDING LOAD. !! It is vitally important for live use. Being able to change song or prog on the fly. this is because you do not always have an a prior
song list.
Last edited by macco00 on 25 Aug 2018, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
macco00

Postby anotherscott » 24 Aug 2018, 16:01

arecio wrote:
macco00 wrote:I would have dual kb work’s like ns2.

I absolutely agree. I have both NS3 & NS2 and I can't use the 3 live because of this. For me it's been one step back.
I think most of the people don't complain because they don't use many different sounds at the same time, or
maybe they don't realize how powerful the Dual Keyb can be. For me it's essential playing live, beig able to
play and tweak the sounds while you're playing.

There are almost always ways to work around the change in Dual KB Mode from the NS2 to the NS3. Can you explain the exact thing you're trying to do that you can't accomplish?
anotherscott

Postby macco00 » 25 Aug 2018, 11:29

I would have dual kb in ns3 works like ns2 :panel b(Organ,piano and synth) . Non only Organ. And change section on the fly like ns2.
macco00

Postby analogika » 25 Aug 2018, 12:19

macco00 wrote:I would have dual kb in ns3 works like ns2 :panel b(Organ,piano and synth) . Non only Organ. And change section on the fly like ns2.

It would be awesome if there were a System setting "Dual KB: Entire Panel B/individual Engine on Panel B".

However, you can already have an external keyboard control the entire Panel via MIDI, as each Panel can be set to a specific MIDI channel.

Switching engine sectino for Dual KB on-the-fly is done by holding Shift and the Dual KB button, and turning the dial.
Last edited by analogika on 25 Aug 2018, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby Mr. Marko » 25 Aug 2018, 16:08

macco00 wrote:PENDING LOAD. !! It is vitally important for live use. Being able to change song or prog on the fly. this is because you do not always have an a prior
song list.

I received my NS3 here in USA in early October of last year and it sits ideal because NORD has dropped Pending Load from its live in ntrument feature set. The NS2 is still serving me well even thought it lacks all the new bells and whistles thst Nord is still struggling to debug on the NS3.

It is a damn shame the developer of the best live user interface now only works for a keyboard player in a band that meticulously plays their sets to be anything but LIVE.
NS4 / NS3 / NS-EX / Modular G1 / G2 / G2X / NL3
Basically Too Many Nords to Haul to a Gig
Mr. Marko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Modular

Postby ajstan » 25 Aug 2018, 17:23

Mr. Marko wrote:I received my NS3 here in USA in early October of last year and it sits ideal because NORD has dropped Pending Load from its live in ntrument feature set. The NS2 is still serving me well even thought it lacks all the new bells and whistles thst Nord is still struggling to debug on the NS3.

It is a damn shame the developer of the best live user interface now only works for a keyboard player in a band that meticulously plays their sets to be anything but LIVE.

Probably a good (but tough) lesson that you shouldn’t keep equipment in the hope that the manufacturer will add a feature in the future. Not sure what you think Nord is “struggling to debug”. Could it possibly be other areas where the NS3 is not working like the NS2? Unless there are actual bugs where the software is not working as intended, your chances of satisfaction are slim. That’s why buying from a reputable vendor with a 30-day return policy is important. I would think you would have noticed the lack of features that were important to you within 30 days, so while it’s a hard pill to swallow, the party responsible for your dissatisfaction is probably you, not Nord.

The vast majority of us are satisfied with our NS3s (not that there aren’t things we wished were improved) and are enjoying new features (like Seamless Transitions) that may have required modifying or removing features that were in the NS2. When you’re ready, there are a number of knowledgeable people here who would be happy to help you think through the best workflow to accomplish what you want to do. Good luck.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Postby Mr. Marko » 25 Aug 2018, 18:36

This is my fourth NS and there are 4 additional Nord synths in my stable...was anyone able to guess this model would be released with less features than repeat customers had come to e pect from a solid NS platform? No... I like the piece but it is not ready for an actual live performance that is not scripted the same way three previous Nords were. You don't have to agree with me... I don't use the dual kb feature that was useful many on all previous models but I'm not on here telling the guys who to return their kybd in 30 days.
NS4 / NS3 / NS-EX / Modular G1 / G2 / G2X / NL3
Basically Too Many Nords to Haul to a Gig

The author Mr. Marko was thanked by:
macco00
Mr. Marko

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Modular

Postby maxpiano » 25 Aug 2018, 21:23

Mr. Marko wrote:This is my fourth NS and there are 4 additional Nord synths in my stable...was anyone able to guess this model would be released with less features than repeat customers had come to e pect from a solid NS platform? No... I like the piece but it is not ready for an actual live performance that is not scripted the same way three previous Nords were. You don't have to agree with me... I don't use the dual kb feature that was useful many on all previous models but I'm not on here telling the guys who to return their kybd in 30 days.

You don’t have to “guess” the features of an instrument, you have to read its specs (and reviews and even manuals) before buying and figure that out or, if you realize that after the purchase, return it. Also other manufacturers drop or change features across “relatives” models; Yamaha dropped features between Motif ES and XS, for example (like the add on PLG boards support) but it was well documented in specs etc. and known so every ES owner could decide whether to pass to XS or not.
Last edited by maxpiano on 25 Aug 2018, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum