E 2 sound samples

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
wkrbee
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C1

E 2 sound samples

Post by wkrbee »

Maybe I'm the only one still using a Electro 2,but I sure wish I could get some better sounding pianos. I have to use a external sound module,with the added setup hassle. Can't anyone out there-including Nord- make some better piano sounds? The organ is fine through a Loundsberry Tall and Fat and Organ Grinder. So many different versions of the Clav.,the Rhodes are ok, but the acoustic piano and Yamaha grand are unusable.
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: E 2 sound samples

Post by analogika »

Indeed. They are useful only as gimmicks, basically.

No chance of updates on an architecture they abandoned ten years ago, I'm afraid. Nord is way better than most with updates and even new functions (the Electro 1 was updated to identical functionality of the Electro 2 with a firmware update), but at this point, what we've got is what we've got.

I love the Electro 2 for its clavinets and distortion, btw.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
Ignatius

Re: E 2 sound samples

Post by Ignatius »

My frustration with the E2 pianos drove me to a Korg SV-1. My frustration with the Fatar keyboard and only 73 keys drove me to a Yamaha P-255. Then some money came my way, and I had the chance to pick up an E5 - real draw bars! And I could use my Yam hammer action 88 to drive it via midi. AND they had improved the piano sounds by a quantum leap.

But I loved that first little red keyboard with the crummy acoustic pianos. But they were crummy, and are likely to stay that way. The rest of the sounds were gold.