Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Migrate from NE 5 to NE 6 and other questions

Postby Nordy1083 » 12 Aug 2018, 16:00

anotherscott wrote:Yes, it looks like they mostly eliminated the same NE5 organ options that they also omitted from the NS3, like "Vintage 3" (which most authentically played the leakage sound even when you weren't playing any notes) and the highest level of key click.

There ya go. Wonder if there’s any way they could retro add that to the 6?
Nordy1083

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby Nordy1083 » 12 Aug 2018, 16:08

anotherscott wrote:Yes, it looks like they mostly eliminated the same NE5 organ options that they also omitted from the NS3, like "Vintage 3" (which most authentically played the leakage sound even when you weren't playing any notes) and the highest level of key click.

There ya go! I really liked the Vintage 3 soundnd for what I’m doing and assumed they’d continue it. Maybe a dumb question but do you suppose they could put it back in an upgrade?
Last edited by Nordy1083 on 12 Aug 2018, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Nordy1083

Postby anotherscott » 12 Aug 2018, 16:33

Nordy1083 wrote:Maybe a dumb question but do you suppose they could put it back in an upgrade?

I guess only Nord knows whether it is technically possible. But people complained when the Stage lacked these features of the Electro, and since then, rather than add them to the Stage, they removed them from the Electro! So I am not optimistic about their moving back in the other direction.

The author anotherscott was thanked by:
Nordy1083
anotherscott

Postby Nordy1083 » 13 Aug 2018, 07:20

Oh well.
Last edited by Nordy1083 on 13 Aug 2018, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
Nordy1083

Postby Caschu » 09 Oct 2018, 17:31

I am a Nord beginner and want to ask two organ questions that seem to fit well here.
1) Today I tried the tone wheel options "clean", "vintage 1" and "vintage 2" of my wonderful new NE 6. To my surprise, I heard no difference between "clean" and "vintage 1" but only a (plain) difference between "vintage 1" and "vintage 2". Is there someone in the forum with the same experience? Does someone know a technical reason for the experience? Or is only my hearing getting worse? :?:
2) Although playing with keyclick gives me and others an authentic Hammond feel I want to ask just out of curiosity if there is the option of eliminating the key click on this keyboard. My impression is that it is rather loud even on the lowest level and it doesn't disappear in the "clean" modus. I know that there are people who on the contrary think that the key click of the NE 6 is rather weak… :)
Thank you for answering in advance! 8-)
Caschu

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby baekgaard » 09 Oct 2018, 17:58

@Caschu:

1) There is a subtle and audible difference between the settings. On some tones it is easier to hear than on others. Some of the previous generations of instruments had more "vintage" to them; I think this is a purposeful choice by Nord. Whether your hearing is getting worse is difficult to tell, of course :-)

2) As you say, it is certainly less subtle.

Make sure you update to the latest OS; I know the Stage 3 had a change in the tonewheel models at some point, but I don't remember if the NE6 was released after that change.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Caschu » 09 Oct 2018, 20:01

@baekgaard

Thank you for the quick answer and the interesting information! :thumbup:
Tonight I will test my hearing by looking for the differences between "vintage 1" and "clean" ! :lol:
I already have the latest OS (the September update), perhaps they will change the tonewheel models later.
Caschu

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum