Comparing changes to program before saving it

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
johnjurik
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Comparing changes to program before saving it

Post by johnjurik »

With the Nord stage 2, when you pressed store, it played the original program prior to your changes. You could then hit exit to hear your changes again. That way you could compare the two side by side. I don't see that on the Nord stage 3. Is there a way to do this? It was very useful.
CraigW
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Re: Comparing changes to program before saving it

Post by CraigW »

It is the same on the Stage 3
NordBoy
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by NordBoy »

I don't think it is
baekgaard
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by baekgaard »

NordBoy wrote:I don't think it is
Did you try it out? It used to work as described in the manual, but I'm not with my NS3 right now:

Page 12 in the 1.4x edition.
[hr]
If you want to store the edited version to the current location, replacing the original, simply press STORE again. If not, use the dial and/or PAGE 3/4 buttons to select a different location. The program in the selected location becomes active on the keyboard, allowing it to be auditioned before it is replaced by the program being stored.
[hr]

Page 28 in the 1.4x edition.
[hr]
To select a different store location use the dial and/or PAGE 3/4 buttons. a program can also be stored to one of the five Live program locations. This is done by pressing the LIVE MODE button and then selecting the desired Live program button. The program at the selected store location can always be auditioned by playing the keyboard.
[hr]

I'm not sure if it is identical to the NS2, and it may indicate you need to use the scroll wheel first -- possible one step forward and then back again -- to hear the previously saved program if the location is the initial one.
Last edited by baekgaard on 12 Aug 2018, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.