General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Sust ped input jack hardware malfunction, advice please?

Postby Youjunn » 06 Aug 2018, 04:37

Hi, I'm new here and new to Nords!

I got my hards on a 2nd hand Nord Stage 88 Revision B piano with no warranty and everything works except for the sustain pedal feature. The sustain pedal itself works on other pianos. The sustain pedal feature is also working in the system. The problem is in the input jack and I think the easiest way to fix this is to replace it. I'm not sure where to go or who can help me with fixing it though. I'm also down with looking for specific parts and replacing it myself, but I want to make sure I get the part from a trustworthy place. Any advice would be appreciated!

* I will call Nord, but I wanted to see if there's anything I can do now, thanks!
Youjunn

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Sust ped input jack hardware malfunction, advice please?

Sponsor

Re: Sust ped input jack hardware malfunction, advice please?

Postby Berretje » 06 Aug 2018, 07:45

Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper

The author Berretje was thanked by:
Youjunn
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby baekgaard » 06 Aug 2018, 09:21

An electro-mechanical problem can be in the contact itself (like linked by @Berretje) or sometimes in a copper connection being broken on the PCB itself, so first remedy is to open the board and physically inspect the contact and the board near it -- that can reveal the issue in some cases.

Just to rule out any non-HW issues: Make sure you check what settings are chosen for the sustain input in the system menu (open/closed/auto) and compare that to those inputs that are working. And also ensure you're using a plain on-off switch type of connected, and not one that has some continuous input.

The author baekgaard was thanked by 2 members, including:
YoujunnBerretje
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Youjunn » 07 Aug 2018, 00:34

Berretje wrote:https://syntaur.com/Items.php?Item=4989

baekgaard wrote:An electro-mechanical problem can be in the contact itself (like linked by @Berretje) or sometimes in a copper connection being broken on the PCB itself, so first remedy is to open the board and physically inspect the contact and the board near it -- that can reveal the issue in some cases.

Just to rule out any non-HW issues: Make sure you check what settings are chosen for the sustain input in the system menu (open/closed/auto) and compare that to those inputs that are working. And also ensure you're using a plain on-off switch type of connected, and not one that has some continuous input.

Both answers were very helpful :D Thank you!
Youjunn

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Return to Nord Stage Forum