This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

External midi keyboard and sustain

Postby HarryS » 26 Jul 2018, 14:34

Hello,
I have an external keyboard attached to my Nord Stage 3 Compact. I want to play Nord on panel A and external keyboard on panel B or external keyboard via NORD sound. Keeping the support connected to the external keyboard works when I press both sustain and NORD at the same time, sustain on the external keyboard turns off and the tones stop sounding. Keeping the support on the north and then pressing on the external keyboard, everything is fine. Why does not this work on the external keyboard? Is this a bug? Panel B or External keyboard should be independent.

Thank you for the advice.
Last edited by HarryS on 26 Jul 2018, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
HarryS

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

External midi keyboard and sustain

Sponsor

Re: External midi keyboard and sustain

Postby baekgaard » 26 Jul 2018, 16:23

I'm not sure I completely get the case from your description, but if you say that you have two sustain pedals connected to control two different sets of sounds, and when both are down they correctly sustain both sounds, but when you lift one of them, both engines stop sustaining -- where it should have been only the one where you let go of the sustain pedal -- then yes, it is a bug (and I think I already reported it to Nord some time ago).
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Berretje » 26 Jul 2018, 19:58

HarryS wrote:Hello,
I have an external keyboard attached to my Nord Stage 3 Compact. I want to play Nord on panel A and external keyboard on panel B or external keyboard via NORD sound. Keeping the support connected to the external keyboard works when I press both sustain and NORD at the same time, sustain on the external keyboard turns off and the tones stop sounding. Keeping the support on the north and then pressing on the external keyboard, everything is fine. Why does not this work on the external keyboard? Is this a bug? Panel B or External keyboard should be independent.

Thank you for the advice.

I think this already a know one.

The sustain pedal should be connected to the external keyboard.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby HarryS » 29 Jul 2018, 04:45

Thank you,
I've already written Nord support. Unanswered yet.
When i press sustain on Nord, only external sustain stop sustaining. In the opposite case is everything all right.
HarryS

Postby baekgaard » 29 Jul 2018, 18:28

Still not sure about the exact error/sequence you're experiencing... Anyway, since Nord HQ is in Scandinavia, and summers have lots of sunlight (as opposed to winters) -- or some such -- it is not uncommon to have long holidays, and I think Nord HQ more or less runs at lowest possible speed as many are on vacation, so you may not get any fast replies.
baekgaard

Postby HarryS » 29 Jul 2018, 20:04

Thanks.
After pressing sustain on Nord, sustain on the external keyboard stops working.
HarryS

Postby baekgaard » 29 Jul 2018, 22:34

As far as I remember, the issue is primarily that the latest action on either pedal tends to "win" -- so if you press sustain on the external and also press sustain on the nord, it stays in sustain mode -- but when you release it on the nord again (eg) it leaves sustain mode. If you experience lack of sustain with both pedals down, it might be that the contact in your sustain pedal "bounces" so you get a series of quick sustain down/up/down actions. This happens with my Roland DP-10 pedal, for instance.

Anyway, let's wait until Nord gets around and hopefully gets this fixed too.
baekgaard

Return to General Nord Forum