Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations - 5 programs for song list

Postby WannitBBBad » 28 Jul 2018, 06:39

I've had the Nord Stage 3 a few months now and enjoying everything about it. I was listening to the classic "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys that has quite a few different parts throughout the song and decided to take a stab at it. Below are five separate programs to use in song mode as you step through the song. The MP3 covers the reverb B3, synth cellos with Tannerin, detuned piano, and harmonica with B3. Program 5 (not on the MP3) includes voices to layer over those singing at the end. The Tannerin sound in Program 2 has after-touch for the vibrato, however I use the sustain pedal to hold the synth "cello" note so my left hand is free to use the pitch bar for the Tannerin to make it sound more like the original. Make sure you download all five programs - the text for each file describes some of the sounds captured.

The programs below use all the "stock" samples except for my program using "Flute.nsmp3" in location 268; this is a great flute sample with little noise. It doesn't matter which sample memory locations you store new samples in your Nord Stage 3, just make sure that after you load a program, that you point the Slot A and/or Slot B Synth to the correct sample in your system. For example, if you load the Flute into your sample location 280 (268 in mine), then you just need to point Slot B to 280 rather than 268.

I'll revise this post as needed based on questions, so feel free to comment.
Take care.
BBGoodVibratio1W.ns3f
Program 1 - Good Vibrations - Reverb B3 and flutes
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 458 times
BBGoodVibratio2W.ns3f
Program 2 - Good Vibrations - Synth Cello and Tannerin
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 415 times
BBGoodVibratio3W.ns3f
Program 3 - Good Vibrations - Left hand synth and right hand honky tonk piano
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 412 times
BBGoodVibratio4W.ns3f
Program 4 - Good Vibrations - B3 and Harmonica
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 403 times
BBGoodVibratio5W.ns3f
Program 5 - Good Vibrations - Cello and voices
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 397 times

Programs, MP3 examples, and links to many others
nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/for-those-new-to-programming-t15748.html
Attachments
BeachBoys_GoodVibrations_WannitBBBad.mp3
MP3 sample of "Good Vibrations" programs
(2.71 MiB) Downloaded 12408 times
Flute.nsmp3
Sample - Great Flute for many songs including "Can't You See" by Marshall Tucker Band
(4.89 MiB) Downloaded 742 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 21 Dec 2018, 17:43, edited 12 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 9 members, including:
SkylightMaxxfieldninyurebaekgaardkbrkrDanielD71Berretjebranemidimania
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations - 5 programs for song list

Sponsor

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)