Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Newbe (sorry) "wiki" type questions

Postby b3keys88 » 23 Jul 2018, 23:00

OK,,, First NORD (old Triton & Hammond guy), I have done a search and have picked up SOME info BUT
1) A LOT of patches have "warning Program is missing 1 pianos/samples" So do I need to load these in from the Piano sample Library? (and there's 3 of them so).......
2) I see how to copy a program ... (I need to make easily editable set-lists) BUT.. Is there a "User bank, Or must i move (or remove) unused patches to free up space for this.
Thank You all.....
cl
b3keys88

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Newbe (sorry) "wiki" type questions

Sponsor

Re: Newbe (sorry) "wiki" type questions

Postby baekgaard » 23 Jul 2018, 23:38

Sounds like you have a Nord where someone has edited the programs and maybe deleted some samples to make room for something else, and in the process have left programs with references to pianos/samples that have been deleted? When you get it from the factory, it should have been set up with a default bank where everything is reasonably well linked.

You may want to download the factory default set, unless you have some programs/samples set up already you want to know. The factory defaults are available at http://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads/ ... -electro-6

It's not always easy to see which sample or piano is missing from the Nord itself, but if you go to the program and turn the dial, it will usually go to the "next" one in the piano/sample bank, and it may give you an idea of what is missing.

Alternatively (and maybe better): You can see the name of the piano/sample missing (IIRC) in the Sound Manager on your PC/Mac.

If you download a sample that is missing, it should relink all programs that misses that particular sample. You can also replace one sample (or piano) with another and have all programs relink to the new sample. Both of these actions take place in the Sound Manager.

I'm not sure I understand you first question; there are significantly more pianos than 3 in both the piano library and in the stock NE6, so I'm not sure why you say there are 3 or them?

As for user banks: There are a few free banks left free when you get it (IIRC), but there is no difference between factory and user presets. You can change everything to your liking.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby b3keys88 » 23 Jul 2018, 23:52

Thank You... hmmmmmm Bought new, so... I wonder... I haven't done anything yet.. I can see the missing samples so I'll "practice" on installing them As for Piano Library I meant 3 sets of files ...
OK.. now to start playing around
Thanks again
b3keys88

Postby b3keys88 » 24 Jul 2018, 00:00

correction: 3 sound banks, ONE piano bank in "factory sound banks"
b3keys88

Postby baekgaard » 24 Jul 2018, 10:21

Do you mean you see 3 "banks" in the Sound Manager?

Anyway, your Nord has a set of Piano Samples (that holds multilayer sampled pianos, epianos, clavs and harpsichords -- with release samples etc. It also has a set of other samples from the Nord Sample Library (NE6 uses version 3) that holds single-layer samples of just about any instrument you'd like, and to which you can add your own samples. And then, it holds a set of programs, organised in banks or pages. In addition, instruments like the stage series also holds sets of synth programs.

Your pianos need to go to the piano area (and other samples to the sample area). There memory is fixed, and you cannot move e.g. some unused sample memory to store piano samples.

There are good tutorials on how to use the nord sound manager here: http://www.nordkeyboards.com/software-t ... nd-manager

Which piano samples were missing? Were some of the existing ones changed from M to XL (apart from the Royal that is usually XL in most instruments in the factory set)?
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum