Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Nord 3 Mellotrons and harpsichord?

Postby TNC1968 » 13 Jul 2018, 03:14

Im posting this for a friend that has a Electro 3, he wants the Mellotrons, flute, strings, vocals, and also wants a Harpsichord, I went on youtube and people are playing Electro 3's with all these sounds. he cant find it in the keyboard, do we need to plug it in to my computer and update it or download the sounds? Is it easy to do? He has a DvD but Im not sure what that is for. :wtf: We are both dummies when it comes to tech stuff :/ HELP!
TNC1968

Nord 3 Mellotrons and harpsichord?

Sponsor

Re: Nord 3 Mellotrons and harpsichord?

Postby dhbp-nord » 13 Jul 2018, 03:33

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libraries

You'll need the Nord Sound Manager as well

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/software-t ... nd-manager

And you'll need to learn about managing the available memory on your Nord (as in how many sounds can you load at once), as that is finite. You may need to delete sounds you do not need (you can always reload them later)

Happy exploring :-)

DH
-Nord Stage 3 88
-Novation SL MKII 61
-Rise 2
-Alesis Q88
-Roland AX-09
-Focusrite 18i20
-ASUS ROG laptop, 32gb, 6 TB SSDs, Win11, Ableton 11, Reaper
-Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian
-Arturia, Komplete, IK suites
-Behringer X18
-StagePas 400i
-EV ZLX-15BT
dhbp-nord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby harmonizer » 13 Jul 2018, 03:37

There is Nord Sound Manager software which allows one to install additional sounds to Nord keyboards.
If your friend has never used the Nord Sound Manager software, they might not have updated the base "operating system" software of their Nord Electro 3.
If they are at version 3.12 or 3.14 of the "operating system" software on their Electro 3, that should be fine.
Either of these levels should allow them to use the latest version of the Nord Sound Manager software on their computer.

Nord provides some harpsichord sounds which can be downloaded first to your computer,
and then copied from your computer to your Nord keyboard, using Nord Sound Manager.
These harpsichord sounds provided by Nord can be downloaded to your computer from here:
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libr ... arpsichord

There are separate memory banks on the Electro 3 for "piano memory" and "samples".
The harpsichord sound provided by Nord would need to go in the "piano memory" bank.

Sounds for Mellotrons, flute or strings would go in the "samples" memory bank.
"Samples" can be created by Nord, or by Nord users.
I do not know which samples are good for Mellotrons, flute, or strings, so I will leave it to others to make some recommendations there.
harmonizer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby TNC1968 » 13 Jul 2018, 04:19

ok, Im not sure
TNC1968

Postby Arjan P » 13 Jul 2018, 13:46

Here's a more direct link to what you might need:
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libraries/product-libraries/stage-pianos/nord-electro-3-factory-sounds
If however the E3 programs are still original but just can't be found, check programs 32A, 33A, 34A and 43A. From factory these should be Mellotron 16Viol, Mellotron 3Viol, Mellotron Flute and Mellotron Boys.
Arjan P

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum