Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

A bag for my Nord Electro 6HP 73

Postby Macko » 14 Jun 2018, 15:54

Hi, has anybody bought the Nord Electro 6HP 73 note keyboard please and found a bag, preferably a Nord one, that will fit it perfectly. The Nord Soft Case for Electro 3 SW73/Stage 73 is the closest fit I can find but Andertons warn that it is not intended for the hammer action version, only the waterfall one. I don't want to order one and find it is a tight fit. Here is a link to Andertons UK website. https://www.andertons.co.uk/ The bag is called the Nord Soft Case for Electro 3 SW73/Stage 73 . I tried putting the full link in to the page but it doesn't work.
Last edited by Macko on 14 Jun 2018, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Macko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

A bag for my Nord Electro 6HP 73

Sponsor

Re: A bag for my Nord Electro 6HP 73

Postby Keynord » 15 Jun 2018, 13:56

As I know, dedicated soft bag/case for HP models of Nord products is no more in production. I don't know why. You have to buy the larger one for the Nord Stage 76 HP:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/n ... ccessories

But since the NS 76 HP is larger, I am not sure if it will fit perfectly. Plus, it has a wheels, so it is not so light and city transport ready like SW 73 bag, which you can carry on your back..
Keynord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Postby Macko » 15 Jun 2018, 14:13

Thanks for that Keynord. The HP versions are a different size to the waterfall key versions and the 76 note keyboards are obviously considerably longer than the 73 Electros. I got a 76 note soft bag from Gear4Music for about £37. It's not a Nord one, it's Gear4Musics own make. It's very well made but to be honest I reckon you could fit a full size 88 keyboard into it (unless they sent me the wrong size bag). I asked Nord the question about which bag to buy using the support section on their website and got this reply which probably proves that there is nothing of any use available..... Yes, Nord make a softcase for the Electro 6 73. It is the 76 note softcase you would need to get. You will find it at the bottom of this page:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/n ... ccessories

It can be ordered through any UK Nord Dealer music shop. The rrp is: £229.00 inc VAT.

Other companies make soft cases too. The Electro 6 HP fits the Gator GKB-61 (£74.00 inc VAT) and GK-61 (£170.00 inc VAT) for example:

https://gatorcases.com/gkb-series-keyboard-gig-bag/

https://gatorcases.com/lightweight-keyb ... se-series/

Cheers for now Macko
Macko

Postby PScooter63 » 15 Jun 2018, 22:47

When the Electro 4HP was new (same dimensions as the 5 and 6 HPs), Nord sold a bespoke case in the US that fits my E4HP like a glove. It has neither wheels nor backpack-style straps... just one central Velcro handle, with an optional long single strap.

The current Nord case sold with my colleague's Stage 3 HP (76 note) is comparatively unimpressive. The wheels add too much weight and length to the case, at the expense of ease of portability. There's too much room in the main interior, the "glove fit" is gone even for a 76er. When you sit this case down sideways, like a real suitcase, with the wheels perpendicular to the ground, the whole thing lists disconcertingly to one side.

Maybe some of the older cases can be found as new-old-stock...? Or one of those alternatives Macko mentioned.
PScooter63

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby Rusty Mike » 16 Jun 2018, 01:29

When I had my Electro 3HP, I carried it in the Gator ProGo 61. It fits the HP perfectly and has a backstrap.

https://gatorcases.com/products/keyboar ... g-g-pg-61/
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Macko » 17 Jun 2018, 08:54

Thanks PScooter63 and Rusty Mike for your ideas. I just Googled the 4HP case but nothing came up secondhand anywhere, I'll try putting it into Ebay again incase one comes up in the near future. The Gator case would have been ideal but it is designed for a 61 note keyboard and unlike the Nord Electro with the waterfall keys which is made with 61 and 73 notes, the HP version only comes with 73 notes so that seems to be out. Cheers for now.
Macko

Postby Rusty Mike » 17 Jun 2018, 12:31

Macko, the Gator does indeed say it’s a 61, but it fits the 73 note Electro HP perfectly. I know. I owned one.

Look at the interior dimensions of the case and compare it to the dimensions of your instrument. Most 61 cases are sized to accommodate the typical 61 keyboard design that includes a control block to the left of the keys, which usually includes mod and pitch wheels. The Electro does not have this block which is why the 73 can fit in a 61 bag.

I have a 49 key sized gig bag for my Electro 4D (61) for the very same reason.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Macko » 18 Jun 2018, 10:13

Thanks again Rusty Mike. Looking at the inside dimensions it is the closest to an ideal fit yet and it is available in the UK so I am now considering getting it.
Macko

Postby Macko » 04 Jul 2018, 18:54

A colleague of mine showed me this case. It's a Nord’s older 73 keyboard bag. Don't know how old it is but look how it fits my Electro 6HP. He's not selling it, I'm just showing it to you out of interest.
Attachments
IMG_3913.JPG
IMG_3913.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 5932 times
Macko

Postby Berretje » 04 Jul 2018, 23:28

Macko wrote:A colleague of mine showed me this case. It's a Nord’s older 73 keyboard bag. Don't know how old it is but look how it fits my Electro 6HP. He's not selling it, I'm just showing it to you out of interest.

The softbag (even if it's overpriced) is a good bag. Not recommended for flying though.
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Next

Return to Nord Electro Forum