This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Nice Bass sounds for Lead A1

Postby LXRY_FLTS » 30 Mar 2017, 16:51

Hi there

100% novice here..I was wondering if anyone could advise me on some really nice bass sounds for the Nord A 1. Or even better, bullet point (idiot proof) exactly how to set up a nice sounding bass.

I've cycled through most of the sounds and I havent found anything that I'm looking for. I used to play bass in my band, but have decided to play the bass on my synth, so that I can add another sound by being able to play the treble with a split keyboard. I want something that is not exactly going to sound like Bass guitar, but will fill the gap that there is now. It needs to be simple and fairly clean.

Any help would be very much apprectiated!
LXRY_FLTS

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Nice Bass sounds for Lead A1

Sponsor

Re: Nice Bass sounds for Lead A1

Postby Marlowes » 30 Mar 2017, 18:11

Last edited by Marlowes on 30 Mar 2017, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
NE3HP, NP88, NS2, DPP1, NL2X, NL2X, NLA1, NL4, NE5D, NW2 (Collect Them All?), some classic Rolands, Arturias, a Waldorf, a Kurz, a WONOK3, a pile of guitars, a P-bass, loopers, amps and computers ...
I'm a gearslut! :oops:
Marlowes
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Re: Nice Bass sounds for Lead A1

Postby skipgilles » 04 Jul 2018, 10:51

Digging up a year-old post... I am in the same situation as the topic starter: I play bass in a band (rock music) and I am still not entirely happy with my A1 sound. What I am looking for is a bass sound that does not necessarily mimic a bass guitar, but has some roaring to it. My best tries always start with a Sawtooth, TB filter envelope, some keyboard tracking. I am experimenting with adding layers and detuned second oscillators to produce some fatness, but I am not quite getting there. I would be excited to get some input here!

(edit: I see this post is actually in the wrong subforum, I could not change that)
Last edited by skipgilles on 04 Jul 2018, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
skipgilles
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Return to General Nord Forum