This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Nord Keyboard Stand EX - Looking for Longer Feet

Postby ajstan » 27 Jun 2018, 15:52

Hi All - when I purchased my NS3 88 and Nord Keyboard Stand EX last fall, Nord had stopped including the set of 4 longer feet that provided the option to raise the stand 4” higher to 29.5” instead of 25.6” with the standard, smaller feet. Even though the extra 4” won’t make it practical to stand for long periods of time, it would allow me to use a higher bench/throne while still being able to work multiple pedals simultaneously.

I’ve already sent an email to Pablo (who is usually great about responding) about potential sources to acquire the feet (distributors, parts suppliers, etc.), but since he has not responded, I’m assuming there are no authorized options.

If any of you have a set of the 4 longer feet and would like to sell them, please PM me and we can work something out. I would guess it would have to be from someone in the US to make the shipping as easy as possible.

As an alternative, I’m also looking for inexpensive ideas/hacks that would raise the stand 4” while maintaining the stability of the stand and still allow me to carry everything in the Nord roller bag. Thanks.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Nord Keyboard Stand EX - Looking for Longer Feet

Sponsor

Re: Nord Keyboard Stand EX - Looking for Longer Feet

Postby pterm » 28 Jun 2018, 16:25

A few years back I recall seeing a post about someone fabricating some extenders for their stand. I searched for a few minutes but didn't find it. Hopefully someone else remembers this more clearly than me. :-)

The author pterm was thanked by:
ajstan
pterm
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby Bjosko » 28 Jun 2018, 16:51

post63390.html?hilit=Extended%20legs#p63390
Perhaps this thread?
There is a nice searchbox up in the right corner :thumbup:
/Bjørn

The author Bjosko was thanked by:
pterm
Bjosko

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby ajstan » 28 Jun 2018, 19:39

pterm wrote:A few years back I recall seeing a post about someone fabricating some extenders for their stand. I searched for a few minutes but didn't find it. Hopefully someone else remembers this more clearly than me. :-)

Thanks for the reply, pterm. I’m looking to keep the short legs as-is so I’m now leaning in the direction of something like 4” bed risers that I can place under each leg, although the outward angle of the legs might be problematic.

EDIT: This would seem to be a good permanent solution if I had extra feet to spare. Of course, I could put the rivet only on the extension piece and leave the original foot as-is. Just remove the end cap and transfer it to the bottom of the extension.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpQWj6Ke9uY
Last edited by ajstan on 28 Jun 2018, 20:11, edited 2 times in total.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Postby pterm » 28 Jun 2018, 21:14

Bjosko wrote:https://www.norduserforum.com/post63390.html?hilit=Extended%20legs#p63390
Perhaps this thread?
There is a nice searchbox up in the right corner :thumbup:

That's the one. Thanks.
Also, I used the search box before :thumbup: , but evidently with poor choices of search terms :oops: .

The author pterm was thanked by:
Bjosko
pterm
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby markamft » 30 Jun 2018, 23:02

If you are referring to the “extenders” that screw onto the standard legs, I can help you.
markamft

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby ajstan » 01 Jul 2018, 00:27

markamft wrote:If you are referring to the “extenders” that screw onto the standard legs, I can help you.

Hi @markamft - if you take a look at the lower left of the picture in the following link, you will see that there are two sets of four feet - a short set and a long set. I am looking for the longer set. They aren’t used to extend the shorter set, you just use the longer set instead. Is that what you are talking about? If so, that’s great and please PM me with how I can buy them from you.

https://vintageking.com/nord-keyboard-s ... gLkDvD_BwE
ajstan

Postby markamft » 01 Jul 2018, 23:09

Thanks for the lesson! I have the shorter extenders, as I suppose everyone does. I sold my Stage and forgot to remove the brackets. The buyer flipped it and lost the new buyer’s contact. So I have the legs but they are pretty useless. I never did use the extenders. If in your quest you come across brackets let me know! Sorry I couldn’t help
markamft

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby ajstan » 06 Jul 2018, 15:44

Hi markamft - I’ll certainly let you know if I hear of any brackets for sale. I haven’t seen any options to get spare/replacement parts other than buying a whole new stand. $299 is crazy expensive for what you get, but it’s just so stable and convenient.

When did you buy your stand? If it was before summer 2017, you should have received the longer legs.
ajstan

Postby jeffkeys » 19 Sep 2018, 16:39

I just got a replacement set of legs as mine turned up missing after a gig. As a result, I have an extra set of brackets for the underside of the board to sell, if anyone still needs. Also, the new legs I got came with the leg extenders than my first set didn’t. I’m going try them, but think I’ll probably wind up able to sell them as well. If anyone has need, let me know.
Jeff
jeffkeys

Next

Return to General Nord Forum