General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Can't route Organ panel to 3&4 output

Postby ChillOnTheSun » 30 Jun 2018, 22:23

I simply can't route organ panel to 3&4 output. I have set it correctly, I can route piano or synth panel to 3&4 outputs, but when I set organ panel to 3&4 output, there is no signal from it. Am I doing something wrong? Or have some of you same experience?
ChillOnTheSun

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Can't route Organ panel to 3&4 output

Sponsor

Re: Can't route Organ panel to 3&4 output

Postby cphollis » 30 Jun 2018, 23:12

Nord Stage 3? I route my B3 to channels 3 and 4 -- and then through a Vent -- for my standard setup. So -- yeah -- it works for me.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby Schorsch » 30 Jun 2018, 23:34

Are you using the intern Leslie of the NS? Ithink I read something in another thread that the Leslie simulation of the NS will work on output 1&2 only, maybe that’s the problem?
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby baekgaard » 01 Jul 2018, 00:43

Page 53 in the manual: "Sounds using the Rotary effect are always routed to outputs 1-2, regardless of Output Routing settings."

So yes, that is how it works if you use the Rotary effect. Only if you disable the Rotary effect, you can have the organ going to output 3-4.

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
ChillOnTheSun
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby ChillOnTheSun » 01 Jul 2018, 07:35

Thanks, solved, yes I will read manual more precise before writing. I don't understand why leslie can be only in 1&2 outputs :-(
ChillOnTheSun

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby baekgaard » 01 Jul 2018, 16:21

I obviously don't know the details, but my understanding is that many of the functions are implemented in somewhat dedicated hardware (there are 5 or maybe even 6 DPS processors in the NS3) and not just as a pure software solution.

It is therefore possible that e.g. the Rotary is running on a separate DSP-based circuit, and the signal from here is maybe routed in some specific way on the next board(s) that does not allow for easily sending the output to 3-4. Or it has to do with some other constraints that we're not aware of. They are quite complex instruments...
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby analogika » 01 Jul 2018, 18:57

The Leslie is the only effect on the Nord that has only a single implementation. Every other effect is available twice (once for each panel), but if you activate the Leslie on both panels, they both go into the same single simulation.

I can imagine that the special routing necessary for that would make it very difficult to make the Leslie freely assignable as any other output.

Plus, since you can actually just route everything else to outputs 3+4, there is nothing gained by going to the extra effort: you’ve already got separate outputs as it is.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby Schorsch » 01 Jul 2018, 19:32

Correct -just think the other way around, instead of routing Organ to 3&4 leave it to 1&2 and route everything else to 3&4. That’s how I did it and it does not make any difference doing it that way
Last edited by Schorsch on 01 Jul 2018, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Postby ArasB » 19 Aug 2018, 18:28

This is unfortunate. I discovered this last night at a gig where I needed 3 mono outputs (everything routed to all outputs) and it didn't work. I need one signal to my personal monitor, one signal to the sound board (didn't have a DI so straight 1/4 inch cable from Nord to sound board), and one signal to my sax player's harmonizer pedal so it knows what chords I'm playing). I hope one day I could at least have the option to send the organ with leslie to output 1-2 and organ without leslie to outputs 3-4 to remedy my predicament. It's not the end of the world, but was surprising that I couldn't route all sound to all outputs. I'll just make sure I bring a DI for these rare instances where the sound guy doesn't have any.
Last edited by ArasB on 19 Aug 2018, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
ArasB

Postby rtuckr » 21 Oct 2018, 15:43

ArasB wrote:This is unfortunate. I discovered this last night at a gig where I needed 3 mono outputs (everything routed to all outputs) and it didn't work. I need one signal to my personal monitor, one signal to the sound board (didn't have a DI so straight 1/4 inch cable from Nord to sound board), and one signal to my sax player's harmonizer pedal so it knows what chords I'm playing). I hope one day I could at least have the option to send the organ with leslie to output 1-2 and organ without leslie to outputs 3-4 to remedy my predicament. It's not the end of the world, but was surprising that I couldn't route all sound to all outputs. I'll just make sure I bring a DI for these rare instances where the sound guy doesn't have any.

I was in a similar position at a gig yesterday. I ran 1+2 stereo to the board, and 3 to my keyboard amp (monitor). Wasn't able to hear myself on the organ parts (via 3) since Rotary was enabled. Hopefully Clavia can come up with a software workaround. The one you suggested (allowing a non-processed organ to be routed to 3, 4) could work.
rtuckr

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Next

Return to Nord Stage Forum