Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Classic Rock and other programs - Set 2

Postby WannitBBBad » 01 Jul 2018, 01:01

I just purchased a Nord Stage 3 and working quickly to recreate all the patches I had on my Stage 2 before selling it. Some of the classic programs are fairly simple, but I thought some of you might appreciate saving a little time with something to start with and tweak. Note that most of my programs use the control pedal morph even if only to bring instruments in and out of a mix.

With some of these programs you may need to relink the piano(s) to what you have in your Stage 3, as one of the first things I did when I got my Stage 3 was replace some pianos with smaller files to add more - I have 48 at this time.

All sample locations below 250 are pre-loaded Stage 3 locations that I don't mess with. Even if I delete samples from the stock collection to add space, I keep those sample locations open and load new samples in locations 250 and above. The programs below use all the "stock" samples except for "DX7 Layered W" which uses "DX7 Rhodes" in location 267.

I'll revise this post as needed based on questions, so feel free to comment.
Take care.

Little Feat - All That You Dream
. Bill Payne is an amazing player - if you listen closely to the live version of All That You Dream you can hear him playing harmonizing parts during his solo using a Wurlitzer piano and his synthesizer. I still need to tweak this some, but it's a start:
AllThatYouDreamW.ns3f
Program - Little Feat - All That You Dream by WannitBBBad
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 495 times

Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me. The keyboard parts build in this song - Rhodes, Piano, B3, fat analog synth. I added some voices on the wheel just for a little more effect:
AmbrosiaBigPartW.ns3f
Program - Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me by WannitBBBad
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 700 times

Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark (UPDATED 1/1/2019) - I hear at least three different synth sounds in this song - this covers the two that I use but I've heard sampled versions that could be tried as well. I chose to put more attack on the right-hand synth as it stands out a little more in performance, but that can be backed off to your taste.
BSDancingDark2 W.ns3f
Program - Bruce Springsteen - "Dancing in the Dark"
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 654 times

Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days:
BSGloryDays W.ns3f
Program - Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days by WannitBBBad
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 713 times

Emerson Lake and Palmer - From The Beginning. This uses both Slot A and Slot B for the Synth sound. With the more flexible Synth in the Stage 3, I'll be playing with this more to see if a single synth in Slot A can capture both the low note and the other 2 octaves higher to free up Slot B. UPDATE: obwanz has a nice version that has an added effect on the mod wheel at nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/patch-request-elp-in-the-beginning-t15566.html
ELP FromBgning W.ns3f
Program - ELP From The Beginning by WannitBBBad
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 533 times

The Eagles - Hotel California - Program 1. Left hand bass, 12 string, a hint of harpsichords added behind the 12 string for slight detuning with chorus, and... a B3:
Hotel Calif4niaW.ns3f
Program - The Eagles - Hotel California by WannitBBBad
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 936 times

The Eagles - Hotel California - Program 2 (added 1/19/2019). This version is set up similar to Program 1 but with Rhodes assigned to the left-hand bass so that a distorted Les Paul can be added to an additional split.
HotelCalif4nGtrW.ns3f
Stage 3 Program - The Eagles - "Hotel California" with 12-string on left and distorted Les Paul guitar on right.
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 588 times

The Eagles - Hotel California - Rock Guitars. If you're looking to drop the 12-string and cover the dual guitars at the end, a version is posted at nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/rock-guitar-a-couple-programs-t17012.html

My Blues Harp - Use a control pedal - the morph pedal emulates muffling the harmonica a little and when backed off, sets the Freq in the range where the LFO emulates the cupped-hand tremolo effect:
HarmAccord W.ns3f
Program - Blues Harp and Accordion by WannitBBBad
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 740 times

Analog Sustained Strings - I took another program and just started adding to it and playing around with effects. Most programs like this are just to learn from and tweak to something you're looking for:
AnalogSustainedW.ns3f
Program - Analog Sustained Strings with multiple effects by WannitBBBad
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 577 times

My Layerz - This is a program with just simple layers added, starting with a DX7 and then a sampled DX7 "DX7 Rhodes" I added to sample location 267. It doesn't matter which sample memory locations you store new samples in your Nord Stage 3, just make sure that after you load a program, that you point the Slot A and/or Slot B Synth to the correct sample in your system. For example, if you load "DX7 Rhodes" into your sample location 280 (267 in mine), then you just need to point Slot A to 280 rather than 267:
DX7 Layered W.ns3f
Program - Layers by WannitBBBad
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 720 times

90+ programs with MP3 examples
nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/for-those-new-to-programming-t15748.html

Classic Rock and other programs - Set 1 (9 programs)
nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/classic-rock-and-other-programs-set-1-t15722.html

Classic Rock and other programs - Set 3 (11 programs)
nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/classic-rock-and-other-programs-set-3-t15745.html

My Pianos and Program List as of April 2020 can be found at --> post130083.html?hilit=program%20list#p130083
Attachments
AllThatYouDreamW - Little Feat - All That You Dream.mp3
MP3 example of Synth and Wurlitzer for "All That You Dream" by Little Feat
(256.23 KiB) Downloaded 8734 times
BSDancingDark2 W.mp3
MP3 example of "BSDancingDark2 W" program - Bruce Springsteen "Dancing in the Dark"
(308.76 KiB) Downloaded 8940 times
DX7 Rhodes.nsmp3
Sample - DX7 Rhodes converted to version 3
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 1990 times
AmbrosiaBigPartW - Ambrosia - Biggest Part of Me.mp3
MP3 sample - Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
(968.93 KiB) Downloaded 6593 times
AnalogSustainedW - WanniBBBad Sustained Strings Effects.mp3
MP3 sample - sustained strings with effects
(271.75 KiB) Downloaded 6486 times
BSGloryDays W - Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days.mp3
MP3 sample - Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
(315.33 KiB) Downloaded 5746 times
DX7 Layered W - WannitBBBad Layerz.mp3
MP3 sample - Nice layers with DX7, Piano, Strings, Organ
(840.65 KiB) Downloaded 7301 times
ELP FromBgning W - Emerson Lake and Palmer - From the Beginning.mp3
MP3 sample - ELP From the Beginning
(223.29 KiB) Downloaded 5138 times
HarmAccord W - WannitBBBad Blues Harp.mp3
MP3 sample - Blues Harp
(145.92 KiB) Downloaded 2746 times
Hotel Calif4niaW - Eagles - Hotel California.mp3
MP3 sample - The Eagles - Hotel California
(610.57 KiB) Downloaded 7511 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 06 Nov 2021, 23:36, edited 19 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 19 members, including:
gsbe_comSkylightreggoboystopmakingsenseRene67Stink_Finger_UKmobilsolmasterEsebedeRockNRoycemidimaniasdmkeysAlexNagelgatzouGustavinemuzolegerkbrkrBerretjebrane
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Classic Rock and other programs - Set 2

Sponsor

Re: Classic Rock and other programs - Set 2

Postby kbrkr » 02 Jul 2018, 00:07

These sound great! Thanks for sharing your hard work. It's very much appreciated.

The author kbrkr was thanked by 2 members, including:
WannitBBBadmuzoleger
kbrkr
Patch Creator

Postby warble71 » 04 Jul 2018, 14:00

Thanks for sharing. Good work! I’m finding there isn’t much my Stage 3 can’t do.

The author warble71 was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
warble71

Postby vanderhill22 » 24 Jul 2018, 04:20

These are awesome!

The author vanderhill22 was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
vanderhill22

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Postby WannitBBBad » 20 Jan 2019, 05:54

Hi everyone, I've updated the post above to include a second Hotel California program if you want to cover one of the two electric guitars at the end of the song. It is essentially the same program as the other but using a Rhodes for bass so the synth can be freed up for the electric guitar on the additional split added. I'd suggest adding a little more echo and reverb to the guitar - this uses the stock "Les Paul Neck-mic" sample. If you want to cover both electric guitar parts, another program and a Stratocaster sample to go along with the Les Paul can be found at nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/rock-guitar-a-couple-programs-t17012.html. MP3 examples of both are below - don't critique the playing :)
Attachments
HotelCalifornia_DualGuitars.mp3
Example of dual guitars for Hotel California with Hammond in background.
(812.09 KiB) Downloaded 578 times
Hotel Calif4niaW Lead- Eagles - Hotel California.mp3
Example of Stage 3 program for Hotel California with 12-string and electric guitar.
(769.33 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 2 members, including:
Berretjemobil
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby mertnil » 23 Jul 2020, 03:28

dude you are great. thank you so much..

The author mertnil was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
mertnil

Postby WannitBBBad » 23 Jul 2020, 13:03

You're welcome!
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby reggoboy » 09 Apr 2022, 22:40

WannitBBBad wrote:My Blues Harp - Use a control pedal - the morph pedal emulates muffling the harmonica a little and when backed off, sets the Freq in the range where the LFO emulates the cupped-hand tremolo effect:

This sounds awesome!

I have an NS2. Any chance you could convert this to something I can import?? I'd love to try it!
reggoboy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby WannitBBBad » 09 Apr 2022, 22:48

reggoboy wrote:
WannitBBBad wrote:My Blues Harp - Use a control pedal - the morph pedal emulates muffling the harmonica a little and when backed off, sets the Freq in the range where the LFO emulates the cupped-hand tremolo effect:

This sounds awesome!

I have an NS2. Any chance you could convert this to something I can import?? I'd love to try it!

Thanks! I have links to various Stage 2 programs at
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/stage-2-for-those-new-to-programming-t16863.html. "Miss You" by The Stones has a similar Blues Harp.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 09 Apr 2022, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby reggoboy » 09 Apr 2022, 22:51

WannitBBBad wrote:Thanks! I have links to various Stage 2 programs at
nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/stage-2-for-those-new-to-programming-t1686. "Miss You" by The Stones has a similar Blues Harp.

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, that link is bad! :sad:
reggoboy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Next

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)