Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Midi question

Postby westcoast » 29 Jun 2018, 06:14

I want to use a weighted controller with my E5d. My plan was to use the controller for piano sounds on the E5 and use the E5 keyboard for organ. When I try this I get both piano and organ from the E5 keyboard. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to only have organ from the E5 keyboard? The controller works OK for E5 piano.
westcoast

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Midi question

Sponsor

Re: Midi question

Postby maxpiano » 29 Jun 2018, 07:36

In the NE5 manual (a must read....) there is a chapter dedicated to MIDI “scenarios” that explains how to do that, Scenario 3 is about using the MIDI Upper setting so that the Upper sound is played by the external MIDI keyboard only.

Of course in that case you will have to switch the Global channel Off or set to a different one than the Upper Split.
Last edited by maxpiano on 29 Jun 2018, 07:39, edited 3 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Midi question

Postby westcoast » 29 Jun 2018, 20:30

I didn't have the global channel set to off. That solved my problem. Thank you. I am surprised how different the NE5D piano sounds when using a fully weighted controller. I am using an Alesis QS8 as the controller. Unfortunately the LED display doesn't work on the Alesis so it's a challenge to remember the MIDI settings.
westcoast

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Forum